Wiring questions...ARGH!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Long time lurker, first time poster...
Ok, so I recently acquired a stock '76 FJ40. Motor runs great, little bit of body rust, and the inevitable dry and cracking wiring. It looks like someone has tried to fix this in the past... and well, you know the rest of the story. I've used the search function on here and throughout yet still haven't had my questions answered. I got a new wiring harness from E-Z wiring... everything says GM and I'm freakin' confused! Anyone got a "Wiring an FJ for Idiots" book laying around? Any kind of advice would be greatly appreciated.

About all you'll get from the EZ wiring kit for a stock FJ is new wire and a fuse panel. It's still up to you and a wiring schematic to install it. The EZ kit does help if you have GM steering column since it plugs in.

In the stock FJ case, you'll have to splice or terminate into the stock connections. Start one circuit at a time and it's not too bad. It just takes patience and a good schematic.

well, i have the haynes manual for it. i'm just not an electrician or engineer. this thing seems like a darn maze! baby steps i suppose. :hmm:

E-Z won't be easy in a '76 cruiser. You will need to do some custom wiring to get the turn signals and brake lights to work with the EZ harness. EZ is made to work with pre 75 cruisers or GM trucks. Might as well buy a few rolls of wire and a fuse block.

Your post says '76, but your sig line says '78? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom