Wiring question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all. I was poking around today on my 62 and found a bunch of wires abandoned behind the passenger front fender. I have an LS conversion, so I assume that this is the old 3FE harness. Is this correct? I'm not sure I will every do anything with it, but curious.

Quite hard to say without seeing in person....but I'd guess your theory is correct. I'm assuming that all your lights and accessories work and there is no need to sleuth out a problem.

Quite hard to say without seeing in person....but I'd guess your theory is correct. I'm assuming that all your lights and accessories work and there is no need to sleuth out a problem.
Everything mostly works haha. Just surprised to see it all behind there. Thanks!

Maybe a few photos like @Seth S suggested

might revile.a. Red Flag 🚩 such as a B+ hot wire

ready to arc to ground ?

this might be preventable now .....

But maybe not later ?

Just saying loose abandon wires are not a joke

they need to be properly capped off and stowed

with zip ties at the very least ...

Maybe a few photos like @Seth S suggested

might revile.a. Red Flag 🚩 such as a B+ hot wire

ready to arc to ground ?

this might be preventable now .....

But maybe not later ?

Just saying loose abandon wires are not a joke

they need to be properly capped off and stowed

with zip ties at the very least ...
I'll get a picture soon. Truck is getting an 80 axle install and that's when we found the wires, so not at home. Its definitely looks like the old harness, its a bundle of wires that is the size of a quarter around inside the passenger fender. Although it is hard to see behind the wiper fluid reservior. Definitely need to look into further. Wanted to know if that was the stock location? I removed the old ECU a while ago. And it didn't impact anything, although I would have to say that wiring is a weak point on the truck. Coming from a street rod background, its not as organized as I like.

That is almost certainly what's left of the body side engine wiring. The actual "engine harness" and ECU are pretty much standalone but there are a few wires that go into the body harness that you are probably seeing. Included there is the AFM connector, igniter power, and distributor power and signal (tach) if I remember correctly. I took my passenger fender off and was doing the same wire cleanup a few months ago

That is almost certainly what's left of the body side engine wiring. The actual "engine harness" and ECU are pretty much standalone but there are a few wires that go into the body harness that you are probably seeing. Included there is the AFM connector, igniter power, and distributor power and signal (tach) if I remember correctly. I took my passenger fender off and was doing the same wire cleanup a few months ago
Thanks Matt. Just another thing to add to the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom