Wiring OEM switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm usually not this lame (well maybe I am), anyway - - - I just got my two oem aux light switches from Slee and can't remember how they get wired as I lost my notes. There are four wires - a red, a yellow and two greens. I know that one is obviously ground, one is hot, one goes to the relay and one lights up the switch. But, what goes to what ?

Thank you,

Lamo

I don't have that one, but did you check his site? A lot of times he has the directions on his webpage.

Don't worry, we'll be making fun of you all day tomorrow whether or not you posted this :D

No I looked - http://www.sleeoffroad.com/products/products_interior_main.htm

I could mess with the wires until I figure it out, but its much easier when I don't have to blow fuses to get the right answer. I really need to learn how to use a multimeter.... :D

Here's my guess:

Red - Hot
Yellow - To Relay
Green - Switch Inner Light
Green - Ground

Matt, you got the new aux light install harnesses? Yellow and Red are the switch side, and the two green are switch illumination. Nothing goes to ground directly if you have the new harnesses. Yellow & Red match up to the harness. Green goes to the illimination wires from the reostat or any other switch with illumination. They illumination is typically green and white with green on the switches. Do you have the factory electrical manual>?

I'm actually wiring it to a Hella Ralley 4000 harness. Can you tell me which wire matches up to which ? I assume red goes to the battery - one of the greens goes to an ignition hot source, the other green is ground , and the yellow gets wired to the Hella relay ?

Thank you for your help on a Sunday :D

Matt

The yellow & red is the switch side. Not sure on how the Hella harness works. Switch on, yellow & red connected in switch. Do not do the greens to +12 & ground. You will probably blow the bulb inside the switch. You need to wire it in parallel to the other switches illumintion so that it will also dim when you dim the dash lights.

This is from my Hella 4000's. Don't know if it will help ot not.

Bill

Another

Thank you for all of the info. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom