Wiring new gauge light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone help me with this? I have an after market vacuum gauge light (LED) that I'd like to tie into the dimmer control line. It has three wires coming out the back. Instructions say black = ground, orange = 12V+, white = dashboard lights or other switch. I guess orange can go to a new fuse in the box, black to body and white ties into a dimmable wire?

IMG_20201017_164822781.jpg

Well I found many ways not to wire the light on the gauge. #1 don't use pliers tap connectors on different gauge wires. #2 don't tie into the black-white wire. The light will only come on when the dash light intensity is turned all the way down.

IMG_20201108_110729.jpg

I ended up connecting into the red wire on the other side of the bulb. It doesn't dim. It also happens to change led colors everytime switch on the circuit. Whatever, better than nothing. I'm still curious as to what wire I actually should tie into.

I splice in to the wire that goes to the green ring around the cigarette lighter. I forget what color it is but a test light will tell you. Only lights up when you pull the lights on and dims when you dim the other lights

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom