Wiring Monkey Business (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not wanting to bogart any of the on going 'electrical' threads, I thought it might be timely to share what I have beens putzing around with:

Note: this is with a chevy v-8/ cs-144 (GM type alternator). These shots are about midway through the process, and most of the wiring is still rough fit.

1st attachment: picture of my 'buss' bar or terminal block. 8ga red charging wire from Alternator/fusible linked @alt; 8ga red wire heading out the side over brake booster comes from the batt + and is fusible linked at solenoid (on battery). The grey fusible link wires hanging above block go to the bat feed of the fuse block.

2nd attachment: Passenger side battery location, showing relays & starting solenoid. A 'ford' type starter solenoid was supposed to go here but this one allows a better routing/attachment for starter cable. The starter wire from ignition switch turns the solenoid on. So the starter cable 1/0 size is ONLY hot during start, dead while running.

3rd attachment: Is in the passenger compartment and shows the 'KILL' switch. What this does is break the 'ground' or electrical return path; effectively terminating system power if needed.

4th attachment: is another shot of the engine compartment, and another view of the mess; I ended up mounting the fuse block inside the engine bay, mostly because I getting old and do not like bending/twisting to get at the wires under the dash and tried to minimize the wiring under the dash or at least put key parts of the harness where access was semi-decent.
buss block.JPG
batt solenoid relays.JPG
kill switch.JPG

Oops maxed my file attachments per post; so here is the fourth one of the engine mess overall;
engine wiring mess.JPG

Your mama should be proud. All joking aside thats looking great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom