Wiring Issues with Cigarette Lighter in Dash (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NYIronPig

YES I have a problem...
SILVER Star
Threads
Ok, am replacing my AC bezel with a new @TRAIL TAILOR one. Will replace my old lighter with a 12V USB charger. So I cut the old lighter and used the wires on the new USB charger. Now I am getting no power to that and my Altimeter is now out (was tied into the lighter from a previous install). Fuse looks good, so I am at a loss for what is up.

Lighter had a red wire into it, a white ground on the side and then a green and red on top

I have a Red, Blue & Green wire all tapping into the original power harness (old harness has 4 wires, white, red, green and red/black) as seen here:

I know I am doing something simple wrong here, but can't figure out why I now have no power to the USB and the Altimeter. Welcome any help!

FIXED! Looks like the harness was not snug enough. Working good now.

I'm about to start my AC bezel install. Thanks for posting pictures. I have some fitment issues with the Lighter hole. Nothing that a few minutes with a rattail can't fix, but I have learned to double check my options.

Sun it too bright to get a good pic, Tomorrow!
Which USB charger option did you use to replace the cig lighter? I see the inclinometer installed too...was that factory or did you install later? I understand that USA wagons did not have that as an option. Thanks!

One more broken AC bezel out of the way! I'm waiting for the hot humid days to subside before tackling this. @TRAIL TAILOR I think you'll have to make up another batch of these when more users start posting pics of there new bezel installed!

These look like "Crimp Locks" to me....basically an abomination to the automotive wiring world.

1599235255461.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom