Wiring in a Tach (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy-

Well, I am wrapping up a weekend worth of work (over 20 hours on the cruiser this weekend) but I have a simple wiring question. What is the best way to splice a wire into a 12V switched circuit? I can find a bunch that are continuous power, but all the other 12V switched sources are on switches... like the fan switch. Can/should I just splice into the switched power source there?

Also, I have a bunch of accessories I plan on adding pretty soon, radio, cb, and a couple more gauges, should I just wire up a seperate universal fuse panel?

Thanks for any help, last wire and I am up and running. I just didnt want to start hacking to find a switched 12V source.

Thanks for your time.

Drew <><

I just put a Y connector/terminal on the end of my wire and bolted it on one of the switched terminals at the fuse box.

i set up a 6 fuse panel that i ran off of the acc wire that comes off of the 4 wire ignition connector right under the instrument cluster.. so far i have run 3 things off it with no problemb and it uses more common new style fuses..

I agree. While not needed for your project adding the additional fuse block make any added projects very easy. I did an 8 circuit block ... 4 circuits hot and 4 with ignition and have already used all but two.

Thanks for the tips.

I thought it might be good to do a new fuse block. Anyone used a specific brand? I dont need much, but 6-8 new slots would be great!

Drew <><

Try waytekwire.com, their site is a pain in the ass so maybe wait for the catalog, should only be a week or so, pretty good outfit if you can get your stuff ordered. haywireinc.com is another source i have used as well.

go to a boat shop. they have sweet fuse boxes for way cheaper than anywhere and they generally are pretty weatherproof. they often have fused circuits and simple buss bars so it makes connecting stuff a breeze too. ten circuit with ATC fuses for $22.00 here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom