Wiring harness info needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone ever install a wiring harness in their 40? If so, what brand or custom?
I have read about 3 diff. mfg's: painless, centech and ez wiring.
EZ wiring is less expensive then the others @ 165.
Any info. appreciated.
Steve

I don't know how bad your is or how inclined you are but I didn't like the prices or products out there so this is what I did for less than 50 bucks. I removed my harness from the rig and pinned it to a sheet of plywood to hold it in position and keep the components in location. I carefully labeled every end and unwrapped the whole mess. By cross referencing to the Toyota manual I was able to repair/replace every failed or questionable area. After I was satisfied all was in order I rewrapped the whole thing and reinstalled it in the rig. Everything works and the added components which I installed while unwrapped look like they came from the factory.

I second Hammerhead.

I did the same thing....If you have a workspace and know how to soder you are good to go. Just be sure to label EVERYTHING very carefully and use the plywood method.

While I was in there, I added a few things and they are now secured inside the tape and loom that I re-wrapped it with...

I'm currently wiring up my frame off resto right now, in fact I have a post a few down from this one with a minor problem I'm having now. I'm going through right now and getting everything working. As soon as I do that I'm going to remove the harness (again) and re-wrap the entire thing to make sure the wires are solid. Anything questionable at that point will be replaced.

My harness was/is in pretty tough shape. But, for the $250 those other companys want for a roll of wire and a fuse block? I would have to agree with the previous posts. I don't think it was so much the $$$, it was the fact that you would have probably more cut and splices than your original one would have if you decided to fix it. You would have to go through and solder all your ends onto the roll of wire you got from painless, centech, and ez-wiring anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom