Wiring Harness Head Scratcher (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OKMike

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey wiring gurus. Having an odd problem with the after market wiring harness I'm installing.

One of the lines that is supposed to be ignition hot (its for the radio) is only putting out 10.75 volts when the ignition is on. everything else seems to be working fine. The other ignition hot lines read the same voltage as the battery (12.40 volts) when the ignition is on and all the constant hots read 12.40 volts all the time.

Common sense says there's something wrong with the ignition hot radio line but its a brand new harness and I haven't messed with that particular line. Its not a show stopper as I have other ignition hot lines I can use for the radio. Just wondering if there's a simple explanation for a voltage drop in one specific line.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. FYI--this is my first attempt at a wiring harness installation so it's all discovery learning for me. :)

Call the harness manufacturer and see what they have to say. It may be a feature, not a bug (I doubt it .) If they can't or won't hel;p and you want to correct the problem you will have to open up the harnes to find and fix the fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom