Wiring guidance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had @Coolerman refurb my wiring harness and add a fusible link. The white/ blue wire is connected to my alternator and the solid white wire is the fusible link connected to the + battery. Where do these get connected to? Fuse block? If so where? Thanks in advance

7AA906F2-DFF2-4DD6-8FE7-E999CE989E2E.jpeg

Saw your year in your signature....this link has one for a 71

I had @Coolerman refurb my wiring harness and add a fusible link. The white/ blue wire is connected to my alternator and the solid white wire is the fusible link connected to the + battery. Where do these get connected to? Fuse block? If so where? Thanks in advance

View attachment 2681694
I didn't look at the diagram so I could be way off, but those look kind of like the wires that plug into the Ammeter on the back of the instrument cluster.

Edit: Changed the word Voltmeter to Ammeter. Thanks @73FJ40 .

Last edited:
I didn't look at the diagram so I could be way off, but those look kind of like the wires that plug into the Voltmeter on the back of the instrument cluster.
Ammeter. The stock gauge measures amps.

They must be connected a certain way, check the wiring diagram for guidance.

What wire gauge specification is the stock Ammeter wiring? Can't use stock ammeter with upgraded alt, so if using a new ammeter, the wiring becomes the constraint.

So about 30 amps max on that circuit. Wouldn't work for an upgraded alt and ammeter. Would need to use a seperate ammeter and use stock wires for signal to display.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom