Wiring Diode Dynamics ditch lights (question) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m sure this is a straightforward process so forgive the newbie question.

Believe it or not this is not my first rodeo with wiring auxiliary lighting, but for whatever reason this scenario is throwing me for a loop.

I bought two Diode Dynamics pods to mount into CBI ditch light brackets and got everything mounted up no problem.

What’s throwing me is the blue wire on these harnesses. In my experience (Baja Designs) there’s the tried and true red and black, pretty self explanatory.

The instructions say “Tap the blue wire for the backlight to your desired vehicle function.”

I have included a picture for a visual representation.

Could someone dummy this down for me?

BBB8BA0A-7693-4C14-BF98-0598AF4BE5BB.png

Diode dynamics is putting backlights in a lot of their lights now. I’m assuming you got one of those. They are just saying supply 12v (+) to that off whatever circuit you want, whether it’s a switched one you provide, or some function of the truck, say ignition or blinker maybe as ideas. The 12v (-) is shared between the red and blue circuits.

I have DD chase lights with the backlights.

The blue wire is the positive for the backlights and they are a ground(black wire) with the main lights.

I did a fuse tap inside my under-hood fuse box to have the backlighting come on whenever my headlights receive power.

So in summary, I have the main red and black wires running to my relay box/switch panel and the blue wire running separately to the chosen power source(headlight circuit).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom