Wiring ARB Fog Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nottajeep

Enemies of the State
SILVER Star
Threads
My searches are not coming up with much, but does anyone know of good directions (preferably with pics) to install the ARB fog lights into the Sahara bar with OEM switch?

I also have IPF driving lights to hook up.
The physical mounting of the lights is not a problem.
It's the electrical wiring, which is throwing me off...

Aftermarket lights have pig tails and the oem have standard nice plug and play connectors.

:bang:

Jason - You can order yourself some pig tails to hookup your new fog lights to the factory wiring so you don't have to cut any factory plugs off. You can buy these here: (or ebay)
Amazon.com: Halo Automotive WH9006 Plug and Play Upgrade Wire Harness - Twin Pack: Automotive
This will allow the new ARB fog lights to behave the same as your old factory fog lights.

You should hook up your other "driving lights" to a separate switch that you can turn on and off as needed. I imagine they came with a wiring kit so you can wire them independently.

Damn, that's just too simple. Wasn't sure why everyone else was cutting, splicing, etc... in some of the other posts. Is the WH9006 the right connector for our 99 LC's? I am away from home and can not double check.

Also, forgot to ask.... how do the ARB blinker/turn signal kits hookup?

Damn, that's just too simple. Wasn't sure why everyone else was cutting, splicing, etc... in some of the other posts. Is the WH9006 the right connector for our 99 LC's? I am away from home and can not double check.

Jason - Yes that link is exactly what you need to plug into factory fog light plugs (male on one end and female on the other). You will just cut the other unused end off and wire directly to your new fog lights. That way you retain the factory plugs. Several people sell these pig tail adapters so you can find more on Amazon or Ebay. I have a Amazon Prime account so stuff ships super fast whenever I use Amazon.

Hey do you have your old fog lights? I might be interested in buying one if you do...

One more thing worth mentioning if you buy those pig tails is the black will be your positive and red negative out of the package. I put a very small screw driver into the female connector and swapped the wires around on mine. This way the Toyota red wire matches up with the red wire on the pig tail and black matches up with Toyota white wire with black stripe.

Hey do you have your old fog lights? I might be interested in buying one if you do...
Yes. I will let it go for a song.

One more thing worth mentioning if you buy those pig tails is the black will be your positive and red negative out of the package. I put a very small screw driver into the female connector and swapped the wires around on mine. This way the Toyota red wire matches up with the red wire on the pig tail and black matches up with Toyota white wire with black stripe.

Weird... who designs red as - and black + ? The Chinese?

Hey, did you ever wire your turn signals? Any tip there?

Jason - I do not have turn signals in my bumper so didn't do that part. There are a number of threads on this however. I have a Bump It Offroad front bumper with fog lights integrated similar to ARB's just no turn signals.

This doesn't look right

Did I buy the wrong connector from Amazon? The ARB fog light wires are black and white and do not match the cable assy I got from Amazon part# Amazon.com: Halo Automotive WH9006 Plug and Play Upgrade Wire Harness - Twin Pack: Automotive

Any advise is greatly appreciated.
IMGP5395 (1024x680).jpg
IMGP5400 (1024x680).jpg
IMGP5392 (1024x680).jpg

One end of the part you bought from Ebay goes into the factory wire coming from the vehicle electrical harness and the other end get spliced/soldered to the ARB fog light wires.

I used that same harness so I didn't cut factory plugs. You will need to cut off the unused end you have pictured and correctly wire them to your ARB fogs. I would pick up the proper connectors so they plug right in to the ARB fogs. I crimped the correct ends on mine and put heat shrink over everything. Can post some pics later if you need me too.

Ok, I was under the impression no cutting or splicing was needed. Pics would be great. I am by far no electrician

Sent from my Android using IH8MUD

Well, I got some $2 18-20 gauge bullet terminals from Orielly Auto Parts. Crimped them on and now we have lights in TX. Haven't got to the indicator lights and driving light yet. But that will happen next weekend.

That's true. However I can still easily pull the light assy and replace parts. The bullet terminals are tight into the original ARB connections so I don't think it will be an issue. I plan to also plan to tape the plastic connectors to keep water out and prevent a disconnect. Each method would have pros and cons.

I still need to zip tie off the wires, but procrastinating until i complete the side lights too. That will be a bigger job.

I love the Sahara bar.

Sent from my Android using IH8MUD
ForumRunner_20110814_191345.jpg
ForumRunner_20110814_192028.jpg

Jason - You can order yourself some pig tails to hookup your new fog lights to the factory wiring so you don't have to cut any factory plugs off. You can buy these here: (or ebay)
Amazon.com: Halo Automotive WH9006 Plug and Play Upgrade Wire Harness - Twin Pack: Automotive
This will allow the new ARB fog lights to behave the same as your old factory fog lights.

You should hook up your other "driving lights" to a separate switch that you can turn on and off as needed. I imagine they came with a wiring kit so you can wire them independently.
newbie on wiring here, I want to do and will order this for my new ironman bumper fogs, thank you. My question is, how does one cross ref to figure these things out. I have the electrical wiring diagram book that indicates the part numbers but no way to ref the opposite connector. For this instance, what plugs into Toyota connector F 1, p/n 90980-11660?

Last edited:
This item is unavailable on Amazon. Can anyone recommend another male fog light connector that will mate with the factory female fog light connector. I need some extra wire to make it from the factory harness to the ARB fog light and figure this is the cleanest way to do it. Thread revival!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom