Wiring a 4 Channel amp trouble (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi I am new to these forums but I have been browsing around for some time and usually find all the fixes to any problems or questions I have but today I have looked and I can't find what I am looking for so I figured I would ask you guys. I am installing a rockford fosgate 4 channel amp and I already have mostly everything wired up except running the new speaker wire to the front doors! I'm not sure how im supposed to get through the grommet inside the car? Do I have to take apart the entire dash or what because the grommet on the inside is really tucked away? ANY ADVICE OR HELP IS APPRECIATED. thanks!

:D it's really not a fun one I usually take the kick panels out and get up under the dash but getting into the grommet and loom is almost impossible. Try using a coat hanger with a little loop through it to draw the wire through the rubber once you've pulled it from the body and door.
Alternatively the easy way out is to slit a small hole from the outside of the grommet and push your wire through from the outside in on either side and then when you're all ready to cut your run of wire off just put a little downward facing loop in where the wiring is hanging between the door and body so the water drains away from the grommets and not into them.

Either way get your swear jar out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom