Wire Harness Stolen in San Francisco (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
An Ultimate Headlight Harness I built for an FJ62 along with an Aux Relay Panel (both in the same box) was stolen off a porch in San Francisco on the 10th of December. These have serial numbers located inside the lid. The serial number for the headlight harness is 121062U0071, and the serial number for the auxiliary relay panel is 1210A0072. If you see somebody selling these, please let me know. I'd like to nail the sucker.

I have since changed my shipping policy to require signature confirmation, which in retrospect I should have done all along, but it is kind of a hassle when nobody is home at the time the delivery is attempted. So, the trust factor for shipping has expired.

An Ultimate Headlight Harness I built for an FJ62 along with an Aux Relay Panel (both in the same box) was stolen off a porch in San Francisco on the 10th of December. These have serial numbers located inside the lid. The serial number for the headlight harness is 121062U0071, and the serial number for the auxiliary relay panel is 1210A0072. If you see somebody selling these, please let me know. I'd like to nail the sucker.

I have since changed my shipping policy to require signature confirmation, which in retrospect I should have done all along, but it is kind of a hassle when nobody is home at the time the delivery is attempted. So, the trust factor for shipping has expired.
That sucks!:mad: Long shot I know, but I hope he's caught. It's for that reason I have things shipped to my work address.
Butt

There was a rash of boxes being stolen off porches early Dec here (so cal), too... UPS guy told me they were told it was organized gangs in urban areas and the delivery folks were being told to hide boxes best they could...

Chances are they'll open the box and say WTF is this? But you never can tell what shows up on fleabay - particularly if there's a receipt inside to show value.

Will watch for it.

Thats why I've got 8 HiRez cameras that recored 24/7.

On Tuesday I was tracking a package on line and all of the sudden the info changed, stating no one home! I called FedEx and got nowhere! So I burned a DVD of video from 10am~2PM and went down to the main Fedex Office. I gave the disc to the head guy and said I'm not leaving till I get my package(wifes birthday gift for that night). The guy sends a message to the driver, and gets a reply from him.
He claims at 11:55 he knocked on the front door and no one was home.
The manager told him to bring the package asap. 15 minutes later I had package and the manager claimed The guy would be put thru the ringer.

The disc showed no one had come to the door or even stopped in front.:D

Benjamin, now that KICKS ASS :D
Damn slacker ass delivery guys... F'ing up on the job all the while I cant find one! F them. :mad:

The odds of whoever stole it even knowing what it is is slim to none. They probably stole it, opened it and threw it in the trash.

Good luck finding it.

I'm guessing that too, but the package had a shipping invoice inside that said what it was (FJ62 headlight harness), so on the off chance the thief decides to try selling it, I posted this thread. I don't have much hope of recovery, but it would be pretty satisfying if the guy gets caught. Stranger things have happened.

Benjamin, now that KICKS ASS :D
Damn slacker ass delivery guys... F'ing up on the job all the while I cant find one! F them. :mad:

Ya, It is nice to catch them in the act! The system cost a couple of grand, and I've only needed to look back at the footage a half dozen times over the last three years. Twice I caught bad neighbors vandalizing stuff. They were real cocky, til the police hooked them up(after watching the video)and took them for an overnight!:D

Once a guy from work followed me home and stole my fancy steering damper.

Got him tossed in the pokey,fired from the job and suspended from the union!:D

Guy tried to attack my wife on the front porch, I hit him with Pepper, than gave him a beatdown with a 6 D maglight. Cops came, watched the video, said good job and have a nice evening.:D

Oakland sucks!:D But I like the Police here.;)

I'd say the system has payed for it's self.

Ya, It is nice to catch them in the act! The system cost a couple of grand, and I've only needed to look back at the footage a half dozen times over the last three years. Twice I caught bad neighbors vandalizing stuff. They were real cocky, til the police hooked them up(after watching the video)and took them for an overnight!:D

Once a guy from work followed me home and stole my fancy steering damper.

Got him tossed in the pokey,fired from the job and suspended from the union!:D

Guy tried to attack my wife on the front porch, I hit him with Pepper, than gave him a beatdown with a 6 D maglight. Cops came, watched the video, said good job and have a nice evening.:D

Oakland sucks!:D But I like the Police here.;)

I'd say the system has payed for it's self.

Dude, you're my kinda guy!

:cheers:

Not taking away from the OG post, but damn Benjamin, NICE!
I hate thieves... the turds youve caught with your video system deserved what they got in the least. I'd be proud to buy you a beer. Now if the turd bag who swiped the harness can get a beat down, the world will be a better place.

xmas is a bad time of the year to leave stuff on your porch........:frown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom