Wire from Brush guard to roof rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have seen pics of people that run a wire or small cable from there brushguard to the front of there roof racks. What is the purpose of doing this?

Tim

Sorry for the Rover pic :whoops:but it was one I saw on Ebay that made me think of the question.

Tim

Limb risers to deflect tree limbs and branches away from your hood & windshield when driving through forested areas. Most people have them to look cool, however.

Ahhh, tree branches. I've been hanging laundy from mine, it dries on the way to work.

Had some tibetan prayer flags on mine, but didn't seem to do any good. Yes, they are for tree branches and are almost mandatory in some places in South America, but here in the USA, most of them do it for looks. Actually, here's a pic of an 80 with them. He's me bud Alejandro and he's from VZ, which is why he has them.

obviously for the rover in the pic its for looks....alot of dangling trees at the nearby Kroger parking lot!

40878113.jpg

18547675.jpg

they are nice in the woods........but I can't imagine leaving them on all the time, the make a heck of alot of noise on the freeway

To LandPimp,

where in Washington do you live. I am in Oregon near portland. Would love to meet up with you and hit some trails with ya.

tim

Gig Harbor, just on the otherside of the bridge from Tacoma. Those pics were down in the Mossy Rock area a few years ago........prolly the last time i did much in the way of wheelin :(

[quote author=waldrtw link=board=2;threadid=12492;start=msg114928#msg114928 date=1078416426]
To LandPimp,

where in Washington do you live. I am in Oregon near portland. Would love to meet up with you and hit some trails with ya.

tim
[/quote]

thats Yellow Beau and Black Bo(my buddies lab) they are great dogs........but both big ole meatheads.....and so are their owners ;)

If I had a roof rack (hint hint), I'd install them for the camp trips.

I'd also be able to use them to hang ducks after the hunt..squirrel, too!

I had seen those on Rovers before. I thought it was to hold them together :D

Pimp and wald,
well at least one 80 will be up wheeling in the snohomish area on the 13th, pm me if you guys are interested.
Dave

Snohomish? Damn I used to live in Maltby (5 mns. from Snohomish), wish I knew you guys a couple years ago!

Vince

Would love to go but where is snohomish???

Tim

NE of Seattle a bit.......I think

[quote author=waldrtw link=board=2;threadid=12492;start=msg115126#msg115126 date=1078436696]
Would love to go but where is snohomish???

Tim
[/quote]

yeah just north of the city almost to everett, would be a treck for either of ya, FWIW I will be in portland this weekend visiting some freinds and celebrating six years of wedded bliss. for more info you can go to www.notjeep.com and check the forums that is the local club up here.
Dave

Well if this new project take off I'll be spending a lot of time in Seattle.

andre

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom