Wiper's inserts findings... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thought I would share with others...

Approximately a year ago I replaced all my wiper's inserts with OEM ones. Upon dis-assembling the inserts, I noticed the locking end of the inserts (larger ribbed end) is mounted on the bottom of the wiper arm; so I put the new replacements in the same orientation.

Though it was an improvement over the old ones, the upward wipes always leave some kind of thin water layer for about half of its arc movement; and the condition get worse over time (wife actually complained how crappy it was - it's been raining pretty hard in the past few weeks in the S. bay area).

Had been trying rubbing alcohol for a few time without success, I decided to reverse the inserts' direction, with the ribbed end mounted on top of the wiper arm; and to my surprise, the wipers now perform flawlessly - very clean wipes with no water traces whatsoever on both up & down movements.

Don't know which orientation the inserts were originally installed, but I'm very pleased driving with a perfectly clear view during the rain/snow on the Reno/Tahoe trip last weekend.

Frank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom