Wiper washer fluid motor not working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok. I spent 2 hours looking at threads already.
I tested mine. It’s getting power 12v.
It just doesn’t operate.
Not planning on rebuilding.
Anyone know where to find these?

1F556A73-8A39-4F71-8EBD-25340F59AC9E.jpeg

Just type in the part number in google and you'll get a few options.

Or, you could go the the Toyota dealer's parts department.

I just replaced mine (found one on Amazon) to help with poor 'flow' from nozzle on front windscreen but hasn't made any difference.
Will need to dig in and see what the issues is (had cleaned out nozzle with needle as well)
Separately my rear window is not getting any water.

I had the same problem recently. I could hear the pump activate but nothing came out. I found dthat pretty much every Toyota Windshield fluid pump in the junk yard looks exactly the same with the same electrical connector. I grabbed a newer one and took it home. Once I got my old pump out I saw that it was covered with 24 years of gunk. Once I cleaned it out it worked like new.

During my research I did see someone replaced the spray nozzles with one of the xD o Xb or whatever that big blocky scion was and liked the results. It has 3 jets instead of 2. All other aftermarket nozzles seem to have recievee poor marks for spray pattern or leaks.

Last edited:
@jemsec thanks for the link, mine just crapped out

I "rebuilt" my washer motor. Popped the end cap off which is sealed with a thin type of ?epoxy, took some digging with a sharp pointed pick. With the end cap off found a thin impeller wheel that easily pulls (falls) off the shaft and then tried to move the armature, it was frozen.

So grabbed a pair of pliers and turned the armature shaft back and forth which felt a bit gritty, and it became unstuck. My guess is the shaft seal between the impeller section and the armature fails allowing water to get into the motor/armature causing rust.

Then used a drop of a seal swelling type of lube on the shaft hoping
it might get up to the seal then reinstalled the impeller wheel followed by the end cap using some FIPG. Normally I would use a more permanent epoxy but really didn't think it was going to work, but it does!!!

That was a couple of months ago and it's still working.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
For those that care, OTUA (- /) YAUTO mentioned above is a based in Mainland Chyna but they don't mention where the company is located on their web site. I think we'll see more of this (Chyna companies hiding
their country of manufacture) due to the Pandemic.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

No reason to go with anything other than the Toyota part for this,
the original lasted 25 years.

FWIW

Last edited:
I called around to a few Toyota Dealers parts department and they all said this part is no longer available anywhere according to their parts search engine
I might try the Lexus part option link that ‘ gemsec’ posted here.

Anyone else know of any other fixes?

Not interested in trying the crazy glue fix.
Those type of repair jobs don’t usually last from my experience.
No offense.

Thanks for all the info folks!

That old part number, 85330-60130 has been superceded, the new part number is 85330-50020. They should have been able to find it, just bought one myself.

First dealer is in Virginia:

This one is in California:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
ps: check your messages, I sent the link above yesterday.

That old part number, 85330-60130 has been superceded, the new part number is 85330-50020. They should have been able to find it, just bought one myself.

First dealer is in Virginia:

This one is in California:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
ps: check your messages, I sent the link above yesterday.

Wow, thanks,
Finally someone that knows whats going on here. Thanks!!!

Ironbinder: there're a ton of people who know what's going on with the 80 Series on this forum, some real experts (I'm not one), for parts information, diagnostics, electrical, mechanical , etc, etc, etc.

There's also a ton of information on the forum from thousands of previous discussions, almost everything has been discussed in the past, you just have to Search for it in the forum.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ps: the otuay -auto part mentioned above is from mainland chyna, you might want to avoid that. No reason not to use the Toyota part.

Last edited:
The Otayauto one doesn’t fit the plastic male to female electrical connection.
I wish I had not bought it.
Totally different female end. Doesn’t fit.

Last edited:
Thanks Kernal.
I bought the OtayAuto because I couldn’t find any Toyota dealerships that had that part.
All the ones I called said it was unavailable.
I wish I had seen these links you sent before I bought this chyna junk.
It works but I modified my clip to make it fit. Now that’s jacked up a little.
Wish I knew the OEM parts where still out there hiding under a different number.

Ironbinder: something I've learned (and relearned) throughout life, never listen to the first person who tells you NO, there's almost always another answer.

Unfortunately there are people who don't know their job. The worst are people who don't know (say No before you've finished your sentence) but also don't give a FK and just want to get back to some meaningless activity, usually involving a phone. You ran into the latter it sounds like.

You still could get the Toyota part and put it back to the original configuration if you wanted.

Last edited:
Ironbinder same experience as you, dropped the pos by the UPS store to return to Amazon and bought a stock replacement from Olathe Toyota along with replacement bushings for my front control arms. Washer pump was plug and play once I figured out that I needed to insert the rubber washer into the bottle before inserting the pump. Tried it on the pump first and it leaked like a siv

Thanks Kernal, and Mustard,
Yeah I will try ordering one from the link kernal gave me.

One thing I found on Mud here, that’s annoying is people will post suggestions in the wrong forum thread.

For instance, this thread is for FJ80’s ,,,is it not?

So when people who have an FJ100 post their part suggestions or tips it causes confusion.
I’ve seen people post stuff that applies to FJ60’s or 40’s here in the FJ80 threads.
I find it odd being that when you are at the forum home page, there are different links CLEARLY listed for FJ100’s , FJ80’s, FJ60’s etc.,
So my question is,,,,what are people who don’t have an 80 series doing in the 80 threads giving suggestions to people that are working on FJ80’s???
I mean if you own a 100,,,then go to the fj100 thread!
If you own a LX470 then go to that thread.
It seems like a no brainer.
Also my description shows that I have a FJ80 (FZJ80)
Thanks people

The squirters can get clogged up and/or corroded, a small sharp tool (pin)
into the hole sometimes unsticks it. Check the lines and around the pump for leaks after using the pump, might be losing pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom