Wiper position (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got my 78fj40 back from the paint shop. Looks great!:)
Now my wiper stops in the straight up and down position. When you turn it off it goes down to the horizontal position and then comes back up to mid-windshield. :confused: I don't think he did anything to the wipers.
Anybody know how to fix that?

Remove them from the pivots and put them back on in the stopped position at the lower part of the windshield...

Remove them from the pivots and put them back on in the stopped position at the lower part of the windshield...

X2 Just play with them a bit till you get them right

?????????

Maybe I'm not doing something right here. I unscrewed the nut holding the wiper blade to the base (pivot?) placed the blade horizontal, and replaced the nut. Now the blade wipes my hood. :bang:

It stops in the right position but goes down beyond the bottom of my windshield in it's movement. Other suggestions? :confused:

Bad advice. Hope you didn't scratch up your new paint. He said it went horizontal, then stopped in the middle. :bang:

I haven't had to deal with this on my cruiser, but there's some kind of wiper/contact circuit in the motor assembly that needs cleaning and lubing with some dielectric grease. I didn't see any pictures with a simple search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom