Wiper motor pigtail (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've had a recent battery fire which burned up my wiper motor and pigtail, here is a photo of what's left, trying to figure out what those spring looking things are. Anyone know what they do and if they are needed, can't find this exact pigtail anywhere on the EPC, was going to just rewire without that contraption, unless someone knows a part number for this exact pig tail.

Thanks

IMG_0288.jpg

@SNLC thanks I need 24V, how important is that noise suppressor, I've seen others without it?

@SNLC thanks I need 24V, how important is that noise suppressor, I've seen others without it?

Toyota sold them with and without. I have read reports of noise without.

Cheers

Toyota sold them with and without. I have read reports of noise without.

Cheers

Do you know where I can get replacement ones?

I have some pictures of mine from when I was repairing the plastic cover around it. It has some kind of ID number on it but not sure if it helps. 24V PZJ70 here.

IMG_1365.JPG
IMG_1366.JPG

I have had good luck getting electric connectors fom Eastern Beaver.
Toyota must have bought many Sumitomo unsealed connectors.

That's a tough project.
I had to repair wiring due to a small fire once in an old '88 BMW. Such a pain in the ass. Lot of mulimetering.
Just when you think you've repaired a section of wire, another would be shorting out. Fire gets in all sorts of nooks and crannies.
It's best to start fresh, new wire connector to connector.
Good luck and buy a good multimeter if you don't already have one.

@jblueridge thats a great source was looking for something like that, thanks!

@TonyP yea it totally sucks, luckily, when I swapped the 1HDFT many of the stock electrical connectors in the area that was burned weren't being used anymore so at least I don't have to repair those. The parts that did burn were in between connectors, with connectors still intact so I am able to trace the wires from one side to the other, which should make repair a little easier. Here is photo of what the area looked like after the fire. Luckily it didn't get to the engine.

IMG_0278.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom