Wiper Motor Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sschruff

Make PSILOCYBIN legal for TBI/PTSD/TRA&D
Threads
Literally just started stripping the 60 and getting her ready for her body & paint spa trip. I'll preface this with I'm not a purist, I often do things the hard way, and I have limited mechanical ability/skills. . .

I purchased a new OEM wiper assembly and had a OEM wiper motor rebuilt. Lost the wiper assembly in one of my moves and I believe it's NLA, but still have the rebuilt motor. But if there's a chance to update one or both, I figure now is the time to do it.

I've looked at the following vehicles as donors based on windshield slope/wiper arm:

Mercedes G Wagon
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Toyota LC70 Pickup

Any fabricator/engineer guys on here that can give an opinion on the above?

Much appreciated-

Shane

interesting idea. Especially when combined with better late model arms.

Be nice to have a motor that gives quicker "wipes" than the old OEM motor. Something comparable to newer vehicles would be really cool.

If you end up keeping the stock wiper linkage (there's really no reason not to), Wit's end repops (3D prints) replacement bushings that Toyota never sold. Linkage functions like new, now, along with some fresh Sil-Glyde at all the pivot points, including the motor.

I purchased a new OEM wiper assembly and had a OEM wiper motor rebuilt. Lost the wiper assembly in one of my moves and I believe it's NLA, but still have the rebuilt motor. But if there's a chance to update one or both, I figure now is the time to do it.

The motor is indeed discontinued.

The wiper linkage assembly is still readily available from Toyota.

If you end up keeping the stock wiper linkage (there's really no reason not to), Wit's end repops (3D prints) replacement bushings that Toyota never sold. Linkage functions like new, now, along with some fresh Sil-Glyde at all the pivot points, including the motor.

This what you use? I still have to recondition my linkage and motor (wanna do it before the autumn rains), but lubricating everything would be really smart. I know Toyota has a plastic safe lubricant for the gearing in the wiper motor, but the stuff's way spendy. Can't argue its longevity though.....

I use the stuff from NAPA (or Advance Auto or Amazon).

I didn't know Toyota offered a Plastic safe lube --- Got a Part # ?

1599686065345.png

Amazon product ASIN B0054DWS1W
I've also packed the gears on the 40 and 60 series motors with Super Lube

1599686241412.png

I can't remember the P/N, but I know Joey @NLXTACY sells it through his Wit's End storefront. Maybe he'll chime in if he gets a break to check Mud anytime soon.

Oh, yeah, the Body Grease --

1599691788739.png

Some have said it's reboxed Castle Muscle Grease and others say it's Molykote YM-103. I think it's the Moly, but very difficult to find and just as expensive as the OE Toyota stuff. It may have a Domestic part number (the Dow product). Don't know. But it's certainly top shelf liquor!

1599691473218.png

Oh, yeah, the Body Grease --

View attachment 2431051

Some have said it's reboxed Castle Muscle Grease and others say it's Molykote YM-103. I think it's the Moly, but very difficult to find and just as expensive as the OE Toyota stuff. It may have a Domestic part number (the Dow product). Don't know. But it's certainly top shelf liquor!

View attachment 2431048
Yeah I think you're right that it's the Molykote. I remember tracking it down a while back and it's nearly as expensive as the Toyota branded stuff. Even moreso actually because the smallest container I could find was way bigger than the container Joey sells, so lot higher up front price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom