Wanted Wiper motor for 1980 HJ47. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Mudders. Looking for a wiper motor for a 1980 HJ47. Right hand drive. Part number is 85031. Please pm.

Are you sure you have that number right?

1. 85031 looks more like a PNC, it is not a full-fledged Toyota part number
  2. Everywhere I’ve looked, the PNC for Toyota wiper motors is 85120
  3. According the EPC, the part number for a wiper motor appropriate to a 1980 Australian HJ47 is 85120-90306, which substitutes out to 85120-90800, unless you have a VERY late 1980 and have the intermittent wiper switch, in which case you are looking for 85120-90806, which substitutes out to 85120-90812
You can find 85120-90800 motors listed new on eBay. Not sure of the quality. I see pictures of OEM boxes that say Made in Japan but the motors themselves, and in particular the wiring harnesses on them, look aftermarket to my untrained eye. And with prices set right around $100 they look to me to be too good of a “bargain.”

Ugh. Typed up all of the above and then looked up 85031.

You’ll have more success if you update your listing to say you are looking for the Windshield Washer Motor. The wiper motor drives the wipers, the washer motor does the squirty-squirt onto the windshield.

In any case, @ToyotaMatt is your man for the washer motor. He helped me out with an OEM-equivalent replacement when mine needing doing.

Are you sure you have that number right?

1. 85031 looks more like a PNC, it is not a full-fledged Toyota part number
  2. Everywhere I’ve looked, the PNC for Toyota wiper motors is 85120
  3. According the EPC, the part number for a wiper motor appropriate to a 1980 Australian HJ47 is 85120-90306, which substitutes out to 85120-90800, unless you have a VERY late 1980 and have the intermittent wiper switch, in which case you are looking for 85120-90806, which substitutes out to 85120-90812
You can find 85120-90800 motors listed new on eBay. Not sure of the quality. I see pictures of OEM boxes that say Made in Japan but the motors themselves, and in particular the wiring harnesses on them, look aftermarket to my untrained eye. And with prices set right around $100 they look to me to be too good of a “bargain.”
Wow...thanks so much! I had found the other part number on the ToyoDIY site. I did buy a motor on eBay with the exact same description you gave. Should be here in another week or so. Really appreciate your detail and guidance!
So...let me ask another questions. I'm also looking for a fuel shutoff actuator for the same rig. That seems really, really difficult to find. Any thoughts?

Wow...thanks so much! I had found the other part number on the ToyoDIY site. I did buy a motor on eBay with the exact same description you gave. Should be here in another week or so. Really appreciate your detail and guidance!
So...let me ask another questions. I'm also looking for a fuel shutoff actuator for the same rig. That seems really, really difficult to find. Any thoughts?

do u need a washer pump motor for your HJ

i keep both 24V and 12V Genuine NipponDenso ones on hand and ready to ship out right away .

1659720958891.png

1659720974166.png

Are you looking for the Fuel Control Relay? Or the EDIC motor itself?

This relay on eBay should be appropriate for your application:

Or a used one for a similar price WITH an EDIC motor:

The seller says HJ47, but the EPC says no. ToyoDIY says it’s from an HJ60.

Hi Mudders. Looking for a wiper motor for a 1980 HJ47. Right hand drive. Part number is 85031. Please pm.

i have the UNICORN 3 Speed WIPER Switch w/ oem knob too if you need one ...............

OP if you’re wondering, I’d vouch for both of these guys. I’ve had numerous successful transactions with each of them. You’re in good hands here!

i keep both 24V and 12V Genuine NipponDenso ones on hand and ready to ship out right away .

View attachment 3078306

View attachment 3078307
I need the 12V. What's the price?

View attachment 3078306

View attachment 3078307
Looks like I need the complete unit...picture attached.

IMG_3665.jpeg

Are you looking for the Fuel Control Relay? Or the EDIC motor itself?

This relay on eBay should be appropriate for your application:

Or a used one for a similar price WITH an EDIC motor:

The seller says HJ47, but the EPC says no. ToyoDIY says it’s from an HJ60.
Here are a couple of pictures of what I'm told is the fuel shutoff actuator. Let me know if this makes sense.

IMG_3679.jpg

IMG_3666.jpeg

I have many variations of the linkage rods

But what exactly do u need here ?

Thought this was a wiper switch parts wanted ad ?
Thanks, Matt. Sorry for any confusion.
I believe I have found the wiper motor.
I just learned that the truck's fuel shutoff actuator is not working. The rod is fine. The part circled in the picture which sits on the engine block is not working properly.
Any thoughts of advice?
Best,
Horace

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom