Winter Wiper Blades (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ABM

Threads
Looking for winter (rubber wrapped) wiper blades for my '02 100. I have looked at a few auto parts palces and the charts do not include LCs after 00. I don't know what changed from 00. Does anyone know a brand and size that they could recommend? Thanks again.

I need a picture to understand what you are looking for. We don't get enough cold weather I guess. :)

He's talking about blades like this:
WinterBlades_m.jpg

They keep snow and ice from collecting in the blade assembly, which keeps traditional blades from conforming to the curvature of the windshield throughout their stroke.

Just measure the length of your wiper blade. Any major blade manufacturer includes the correct adapter for the LC in their packaging, so that's a moot point.

I'd bet it's the same as the pre-00 models, though.

DONT THROW AWAY YOUR OE TOYOTA WIPER BLADE ASSEMBLY. When those blades go bad, go to your Toy dealer and get refills. OEM Toyota blades are better than any other manufacturer's, save Sillblade.

shocker said:
DONT THROW AWAY YOUR OE TOYOTA WIPER BLADE ASSEMBLY. When those blades go bad, go to your Toy dealer and get refills. OEM Toyota blades are better than any other manufacturer's, save Sillblade.

+1 for don't thow the OEM away. A whole frame and blade costs $20 (at the Cdan discount) but a refill is $2.86. And don't lose the metal spine either. It's not sold seperately, you have to get a whole new frame.

OEM wiper is 50cm (19.5 ") so a 20" blade may have interference issues. A 18" will give you more power on heavy snow with the obvious trade off that you are clearing less window area.

piaa blades are amazing. they are a silicone compound that coats the windshield in the same manor that rain x does. absolutly amazing. and they dont get streaky even after a winters use.

I've heard that you can get longer ones (you have to replace the blade part and the metal/plastic part that holds it of course), but cannot recall if it's the driver's side or the passenger side. I just remember some people talking about it on a Japanese 80's site and liked the extra sweeping area.

Just an F.Y.I.

Mot ;)

The PIAA configurator on the Weathertech.com site shows 24" (600mm) for the DS and 22" (550mm) for the PS. Does this seem right? I will go and measure my existing blades later.

ABM said:
The PIAA configurator on the Weathertech.com site shows 24" (600mm) for the DS and 22" (550mm) for the PS. Does this seem right? I will go and measure my existing blades later.

From what I remember when buying blades. The 98-99 came with 2 - 22" blades and the 2000+ came with the 24" DS & 22" PS. Seems like it is the same setup so I would imaging either setup working on the other. Same windshield and same motor placement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom