Winter Tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ladies/Gents,

I am currently using 18" Momo wheels (that I do like) but got a whole set of Lexus 16" original wheels and given the current weather up here in the Cold North, running Winter tires is always a good idea on my book. With that in mind I want to get winter tires for the OEM 16" wheels. Using sites like TireRack and others I am getting conflicting info on the correct tire size (even worse, most only show one tire size as possible). Therefore here I am, asking for advice on what tire size to use with the OEM 16" wheels. Of course being winter tires, the more 'common' the size, the cheaper they are (I could see it this week - bought 4 tires for my daughter's Mini - 15" wheels, all four cost me less than USD 320, versus my son's Cayenne GTS with 21" wheels, USD 1100 for four).
I can see 265/75/R16 as the recommended (only one) size on TireRack but would not mind some like 275 or bigger IF there will be no rubbing, no need for spacers, nothing extra and fine with the AHC on its lowest setting.

What would you recommend for the size in this case?

Thanks a lot.

CR

If you want cheap tires your best bet might be to go smaller. Skinnier tires will deliver better traction in winter conditions anyway. Here is one in 245/75r16 for $132 each:

If you want cheap tires your best bet might be to go smaller. Skinnier tires will deliver better traction in winter conditions anyway. Here is one in 245/75r16 for $132 each:

If I want to stick to the OEM size for 16" rims, what is the original size? Is it 265/75R16? I did not check the manual yet...

Thanks!

CR

I think it’s 275/70R16 but I’m sure you are just as capable of googling it as I am.

I think it’s 275/70R16 but I’m sure you are just as capable of googling it as I am.
Yeah just found it in the manual. That said, will 265/75R16 fit without issues? If so I may go with that as it seems there are way more tires available in that size.

Thanks a lot!

CR

Nokians are made in Finland btw. they have a good track record of making ice capable tires in the great white north

Nokian tires are great in winter. I swear by them. Most of the recent sets I’ve had have been made in Russia (factory is just over the Finnish border near St. Petersburg). Apparently they have opened a third factory in Ohio but I have yet to see any tires from there.

265/75R16 will definitely fit with no issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom