Winter Preparedness? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What tools/supplies/ things I should do under the hood? should I carry to survive anything that nature can throw at me ?

Candy? Hand warmers? a cell phone that works!!!!
Jumper cables? Is there a check list I should have that can let me know what I should carry to survive the worst?

Nicholas

Kinda depends on where you are going in the winter, and the condition of the truck. Best is to make sure that it runs well, so you won't break down...

Stuff I carry includes:
warm clothes
Jumper cables
tow strap
flashlight + spare batts
firstaid kit
chains
tools
oil
coolant
spare tire in a can
flares
fuses
rags

I have my normal tools and recovery stuff plus I add a duffle bag with wool pants, gloves, coat, hat, sleeping bag, MREs Water and fire making stuff.

One of the most important things to do is let some one know where your going and what is the latest time that you'll be back. That way if someting goes wrong help will be on the way.

I like lovetoski's list, but I admit, my list is much smaller.

Here in the Colorado mountains, I mostly make sure that I carry a sleeping bag, some food and water ('cause melting snow sucks), and some of the tools already mentioned. Oh, and a candle + lighter. Cell phones are a good idea, but it depends where you are. I can't imagine that there are too many places around Chicago you can't get cell coverage.

And the best warming device I carry? My 2 black labs!

So Cal Winter preparedness:

Gas

it's 85 degrees today (thanksgiving)

What's this thing you call winter?

I've heard that carrying some kitty litter in your car can get you out of some smelly situations. My co-worker swears by it.

GLTHFJ60 said:
I've heard that carrying some kitty litter in your car can get you out of some smelly situations. My co-worker swears by it.

Yep, it's a good idea. I had the opportunity to use some recently except I use oil dry (about the same thing) and 50lbs is cheaper than litter and has the alternate use of soaking up that oil pan leak on the garage floor ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom