Winter Meet up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great to hear there are some other new 60 owners around these parts - in all my years living in Michigan I've never seen any old LCs on the roads around A2 / Metro Detroit and can only recall spotting 40s up in the TC Leelanau area - there was a really sweet 40 parked in downtown Northport when we visited this past summer, is that anyone here?

Good luck with the work @eagleI18, based on advice here I applied a liberal coating of Krown (like Fluid Film, but doesn't smell like old sheep) to the undercarriage/wheel wells, and am doing my best not to drive at all.

Looking forward to meeting up with everyone when the time is right!
I has a very fun evening with the power washer and degreaser plus scrub brush earlier this week. Thankfully, I have heated garage with hot water and sewer drain in my garage the later of which I don't know how the previous owner got approved. I will have a few evenings in my near future with the wire wheels, wire brushes, sand paper, in the next week or so, and then I am doing an internal frame spray from eastwood and their rust converter platinum top coated in chassis black on on the outside of the frame, crossmembers. Then comes a liberal coast of Fluid Film.... already purchased, but might consider trying to return for Krown if that is the preferred around here.

I am fortunate to have this be a fun/project car al though I understand that line gets blurry sometimes. I get to drive it selectively and definitely won't be actively taking it out in salt and slush. I feel like winters down in southern part of the state are very different now as well, where we have snow it all melts we get rain, and no snow for a few weeks, so I think there will be windows to enjoy slow cruisin' through the winter.

I has a very fun evening with the power washer and degreaser plus scrub brush earlier this week. Thankfully, I have heated garage with hot water and sewer drain in my garage the later of which I don't know how the previous owner got approved. I will have a few evenings in my near future with the wire wheels, wire brushes, sand paper, in the next week or so, and then I am doing an internal frame spray from eastwood and their rust converter platinum top coated in chassis black on on the outside of the frame, crossmembers. Then comes a liberal coast of Fluid Film.... already purchased, but might consider trying to return for Krown if that is the preferred around here.

I am fortunate to have this be a fun/project car al though I understand that line gets blurry sometimes. I get to drive it selectively and definitely won't be actively taking it out in salt and slush. I feel like winters down in southern part of the state are very different now as well, where we have snow it all melts we get rain, and no snow for a few weeks, so I think there will be windows to enjoy slow cruisin' through the winter.
I wouldn't worry about it, do the Fluid Film. It's the go-to option based on what I've read here. Some people complain about the smell, which supposedly dissipates after a while.

Krown is what our friends across the bridge use. Some folks I know over there couldn't say enough good things so I went with it.

I'm pretty sure they're the same thing (lanolin oil), but for some reason Krown doesn't smell.

I've got a 5 gallon pail of Wool wax. Probably should be on my cruisers rather than in the pail lol.

My 80 came to work today. I miss it too much to not drive it some

75234120-DFB7-4938-BE97-35F020797861.jpeg

I never went to see it but was in touch with the seller Chelsea. It was in good shape, my wife loved the color, and the seller was great to deal with - a strong contender until I found mine. If it's still on the market I imagine a deal might be possible.

Cool about the 62, post some pics when you get it!
56908.jpeg
56909.jpeg

Salty roads? I don't think I'll need to worry about salt and rust with this thing... If you squint, she looks a lot better. At least it runs. The auto trans is also slipping, that'll be the first project.

It sounds like I'll have it in my possession on Monday morning. I'll fill you all in on the story at our spring meet n' greet!

That is such a great looking truck.

Says you're a supporting vendor, what kind of stuff are you offering? I'm in frequent need of one thing or another and keeping it local, even better.
Until @dogfishlake jumps in with more details, here's a thread on what he does.

Sorry, I've been behind on notifications. @cheezypoof , hopefully we can do a meet up with our gang and you can see a roof rack or two.

I'll find a couple of pics

Here’s my 60 and 40

279A0B6B-5B4E-46D1-B595-1C2DFEA86C45.jpeg

7DA7CDC5-CF40-4233-B11E-07E2D9F7A82B.jpeg

The 55 and 100

F395A21C-A148-4018-8A78-C39AA60E75C9.jpeg

461B6788-93A1-4917-B9B7-2DF7894BC3BE.jpeg