Winter Meet up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Somehow I put that photo in the wrong forum.
The right forum as far as I'm concerned! My LC takes me bird-watching all over the U.S. and Canada. ;)

Somehow I put that photo in the wrong forum.
No worries, I don't think anyone on this thread is upset by that lol.

I used to live in the Upper Peninsula, and did yard work and odd jobs for a birds of prey rescue center. The couple that ran it were real nice, and now they're family friends. On several occasions they asked me to feed the birds they were rehabilitating. None of the birds were very friendly except for the little American Kestrel. My least favorite memory was the bald eagle that flew right into my face when I opened a door to their infirmary.

Sorry to get off topic, trips down memory lane tend to have a curved path. At any rate, how are everyone's trucks running? I'm having a tough time getting into the shop to work on my 60. I have a new used frame to roll under there, but I can't get the permission to work in the auto shop consistently. All the pieces are there to get it running, I just need to get in there to do it. Hope you other guys are having good luck.

Great stories, and great picture (while it was up)!

I wrapped up the knuckles and front brakes a couple weeks ago - my first big job and it was a lot of fun despite the mess. Spotted a torn boot on a TRE while I was in there - that's next up but the garage isn't heated so...

Are we doing this meet up? Who’s organizing?
How about Saturday March 20th, same place in Grand Rapids as last winter ? The hurdle is Michigan is under a 25% bar/dining capacity mandate until end of March.

How about Saturday March 20th, same place in Grand Rapids as last winter ? The hurdle is Michigan is under a 25% bar/dining capacity mandate until end of March.
That Saturday would work for me. My truck build won't be finished, so I'll have to bring my Tacoma.

EDIT: I am in the process of moving to Big Rapids, but thank the lord I'll have my own barn now to wrench on things.

Last edited:
My kid doesn’t work there anymore, but I’d be glad to see what they can do to accommodate us.

I won't be able to make that weekend in March either, and without an H55 my day-trip range is limited - although GR isn't out of the question.

Speaking of H55s, what's the over/under on # of years until availability goes to zero? I am certain I'll do this upgrade in the future, and if I had space in my garage I'd buy one now.

If need be, we can shift it for a different weekend to accommodate more people. I'll have 10 acres and a house with two bathrooms once I move to Big Rapids, we can always meet at my property. If we need to shift the location, too. I can make space to park campers if need be. Just don't tell my landlord...

If need be, we can shift it for a different weekend to accommodate more people. I'll have 10 acres and a house with two bathrooms once I move to Big Rapids, we can always meet at my property. If we need to shift the location, too. I can make space to park campers if need be. Just don't tell my landlord...

This could work. I just threw the meetup date and place out there to get a feel on interest. An outdoor gathering may appeal to more people also.