Winter Meet up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.mcdesignsoffroad.com
Hope some sort of get together will happen in 2021. The meet & Greet and Ocho's summer gathering were good. ed

So with this note from Ed, I’d like to throw it out there for us all to consider, likely sometime in Feb like we did this year. Hopefully the crud restrictions will taper by then. @Ocho77 should be back and resettled by then.

I'd enjoy catching a meetup sometime, but not this February. Likely to be a peak of the virus mid-winter with few restaurants available for regular meeting space. As the weather warms up and vaccination comes on-line, maybe later in the spring would be better?

If there are places open for us to meet, I’m game for getting together. I won’t be home until the first week of February, so later in the month would work best.

Slowly getting mine together but wouldnt mind being a first time visitor some time in spring perhaps.

Hey all I am a month old FJ60 owner in Trenton, MI that would love to meet with some others in this community. I agree that spring is probably a better call as I except that there will be a large surge post holidays of infection rates.

Welcome to the FJ60 club, eaglel18! I second what he said about the possible infection rates spiking after the holidays. I also say that because my FJ60 is still in a heap of parts and pieces (middle of a frame and engine swap) and later in spring would give me more time to get her ready lol

Welcome to the FJ60 club, eaglel18! I second what he said about the possible infection rates spiking after the holidays. I also say that because my FJ60 is still in a heap of parts and pieces (middle of a frame and engine swap) and later in spring would give me more time to get her ready lol

Thanks @RoadRamblinFJ60! Yeah I am doing some work on mine to get her prepared for Michigan cold, salt and ice. She lived a rough but loving Texas, California existence until a month ago. I am doing all the rust prevention I can to make sure she lasts another 35 years, plus sound deadening, new carpet, and spending more money on vacuum hoses and the like, then I bargained for.

What engine is going into the 60?

Great to hear there are some other new 60 owners around these parts - in all my years living in Michigan I've never seen any old LCs on the roads around A2 / Metro Detroit and can only recall spotting 40s up in the TC Leelanau area - there was a really sweet 40 parked in downtown Northport when we visited this past summer, is that anyone here?

Good luck with the work @eagleI18, based on advice here I applied a liberal coating of Krown (like Fluid Film, but doesn't smell like old sheep) to the undercarriage/wheel wells, and am doing my best not to drive at all.

Looking forward to meeting up with everyone when the time is right!

Rust prevention is key in this area, eaglel18, I got my FJ60 from its original owners in Big Bay, MI (near Marquette, MI) five or so years ago. They had bought it new in CO years ago. Not in bad shape body wise, but I am replacing the frame. I'm dropping a 5.3L vortec motor into mine, but keeping the factory Toyota transmission. For my new frame I'm going to apply coats of Chassis Saver on it, while I have it off the truck. You'll find that LC's need lots of love, but it's all worth it when you turn the key.

Cheesypoof, I had never seen an FJ60 in person in this area until last year. There was a red one with a cummins turbo diesel swapped it rolling around Monroe, but I think it belonged to some migrant workers, because I haven't seen it since. Haven't been to the northport area lately, but I did see a ratty tan-colored FJ40 for sale in Copper Harbor, MI this past fall. It was in very rough shape, and the guy wanted $10k for it... figures. There's also a very nice FJ60 for sale in Chelsea, MI right now. I messaged the lady selling it, and while she has a good price on it, I need to get my 60 finished before taking on another project.

This weekend I'm headed to buy a crusty FJ62 from a friend of a friend, so hopefully soon I'll have two trucks!

I never went to see it but was in touch with the seller Chelsea. It was in good shape, my wife loved the color, and the seller was great to deal with - a strong contender until I found mine. If it's still on the market I imagine a deal might be possible.

Cool about the 62, post some pics when you get it!

I'm up for a meet up whenever. I would definitely drive a cruiser once the salt is gone. I do get my 80 out once in a while in the winter but very little. Total no go on the others, I'm afraid they would turn to dust! Kinda like the bucket of water on the wicked witch of the west. I'm rusting, oh what a world!

I'm up for a meet up whenever. I would definitely drive a cruiser once the salt is gone. I do get my 80 out once in a while in the winter but very little. Total no go on the others, I'm afraid they would turn to dust! Kinda like the bucket of water on the wicked witch of the west. I'm rusting, oh what a world!

Likewise, the 40 stays indoors until spring rains wash the roads clean, the GX is available for a meetup.