Winter heat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve been slowly amassing creature comfort to my camping life. Winter camping is nice with the right gear. I have my own cold weather gear but when kids need to stay warm investing in a tent heater became a priority. I’ve had a little buddy heater but it comes with risks and space in the tent dwindled as the kids grew. I looked at propex but it was priced high. Saw some well known diesel heaters years back but those too were priced high until recently Chinese knock offs became available.
I saw an Ig post on it and decided to make the jump myself. The post linked to a kit on eBay but when researching myself I decided to have a little protection and purchase from Amazon and ensured myself I can return. Instead of a kit I purchased this:
BONDA 5KW Diesel Air Heater 12V - 4 Holes All-in-One with Digital Switch LCD Monitor, and Remote Control, 5L Tank, Muffler, Air Heaters Kit, Ideal for Truck Boat Trailer Motor-homes Vehicle (Red) Amazon product ASIN B08L23C4JZ
It was $140 when I purchased but as with most Amazon items, price fluctuates. Now it’s 200. It came with all you need to start but I did purchase additional hose, fuel filter, and exhaust muffler. Operation is moderate in noise. Fuel consumption is about half a gallon for just over 12hrs and power consumption is minimal after startup. There is a lot of you tube videos out there. Just wanted to share as when I researched there was no info here.
For 140 I think it was a good buy. We were actually hot with the lowest setting and temps in the 40s outside. Adjustment were made inside the tent with a remote!
Ensure your buying buying from Amazon “ship and sold” or a third party shipped by Amazon to ensure you are able to return otherwise you may be stuck. I’ve read people receiving doa.

A7420B3E-B459-483A-8C5B-5D3286BA9546.jpeg

E5FF2496-B75E-4CA9-9C24-DC918C7DF6D7.jpeg

Very cool! Can you clarify the fuel (i get) vs. the power consumption after start up? Thx

it’s a diesel heater. Need 12volt power for the glow plug/fan. If you google Chinese diesel heater you’ll find more YouTube vids to answer your questions.

Ok. Thx. Surprised it doesn’t smell up that pristine looking environment. Noise ok too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom