Windy City/Hoosier Cruiser mini UA in MO. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As a member of the Hoosier Cruisers I wanted to let you guys know that are tentitive plans to do a 3 park, week long run through Missouri. The plan as of now is to hit Washita June 14th/15th, Flat Nasty on 16th-18th and SMORR on the 19th/20th. This trip will cosist of moderate and hard core trails only. Some of the guys will only do moderate trails.

The Tornado Alley Cruisers also have the 19th-21st on there schedule for SMORR. I don't have the vacation time or the money to do the whole trip but I will be doing the Washita and SMORR portions.

Unfortunately this will be my first opportunity to go to SMORR since we just had to take one of the dogs in for surgery.

Thad, I would like to post this up on the TAC club house when we have a more conformation on times and number of people coming. If there would be a problem with that let me know.

With a little luck (and a little less laziness) I think I could probably make 1 or 2 of those events.

I cant see why that would be an issue, but then again I have no official ties with TAC. Just OMC and GCC. I will be happy to post them there.

I cant see why that would be an issue, but then again I have no official ties with TAC. Just OMC and GCC. I will be happy to post them there.

Sorry about that, I knew you belonged to a couple of clubs and I just assumed. If you want to post up in the other club houses that is fine but I probably wont have conformation untill after this weekends run at the Badlands. I will post up when confirmed.

No problem. Lets just get it on the books while some of you here have hall passes. May is fast approaching and still no wheeling dates.

No problem. Lets just get it on the books while some of you here have hall passes. May is fast approaching and still no wheeling dates.

Here ya go. May 16th. Moj and I at SMORR. I'll be going down friday night to Kimberling City. Fishing Taneycomo on Sunday.

Should have my springs back on and new tires so I am in. If not I will still be there looking for a ride. I will get a few other locals going to.

Hi:
I am Ron, also from the Hoosier Cruisers. I just posted this event on the TAC Board for their info. We have at least 10 rigs coming from both IN, IL and WI. Sounds like at least a couple more here. Should be a great time. Here is a link to our thread on the Hoosier Cruiser board. There is a link there for a Google map of our route: https://forum.ih8mud.com/hoosier-cruisers/280472-windy-city-hoosier-cruiser-mini-ua.html

So is there any interest in meeting up with us at Washita or Flat Nasty?

I'm planning on being at Washita with you Guys. Can't make the others. Al

Glad to hear it!
There will be a nice veriety of rigs there. Cruiser Clint, Gappy and PhilC have some killer '40s. Booty has one as well but may not be coming after all, needs to upgrade his steering . Hopefully he can be convinced to make this part of the trip as well.

It looks as if the Hoosier Cruisers and I will be arriving some time Saturday evening 6/13 at Washita. Plans to wheel all day Sunday 6/14 and part of Monday 6/15. We will be primative camping Saturday and Sunday.

I am trying to get a rig count for a possible discount on camping if we have enough. Of those who plan on attending who would be interested in camping?

(side note) The Hoosier Cruiser are now a non for profit orginization supporting Riley Hospital for Children any donations for the cause are always greatly appreciated.

Count me out. My truck isn't gonna be done.

I'll do the Sunday at Washetta, I may come down Saturday night if I can get away. I'd be camping in the back of the cruiser.

So far we have around 13 rigs. If Thad, Al and Joe are all good for Sunday.

Carl from Outback Offroad Gear has been on one of the Peterson's 4 Wheel and Offroad UA's before. He has an extremely modified 80 series. He is also bringing a buddy with an almost stock 40. Gumby is bringing his latest creation, a shortened 55 fully exoed. 4rnr drives his exoed 2nd gen to all the places he wheels.

Everybody is welcome to join in. Post up or show up it's all good either way.

One Question for those that have been to SMORR. Is alcohol allowed in the camp grounds.

X,
Are there any families coming along besides your trusty co-pilot? I read somewhere that folks were going to concentrate on the moderate trails. After reading your rig descriptions, is this still true? I don't want to rock and roll the little one's too much.

SMORR allows you to drink in camp. They allow all night wheeling but lock off the camp ground around 11pm. Not a big deal. If you want to wheel later than that you leave your rig outside the campground fence but still in the park and walk to it to wheel at night.

I am trying to bring 3 truck up for Sunday, possibly Saturday night. Also plan on SMORR the next weekend. Will have to skip out on F/N

X,
Are there any families coming along besides your trusty co-pilot? I read somewhere that folks were going to concentrate on the moderate trails. After reading your rig descriptions, is this still true? I don't want to rock and roll the little one's too much.

I cant believe your rigs not broken down after all the outings your wife allowed you to go on in May :rolleyes:

I cant believe your rigs not broken down after all the outings your wife allowed you to go on in May :rolleyes:

It was June.

Which corresponded to a MoJ being out of service because his wife's due date and who is BTW currently having Landcruiser remorse and is currently spiffing up the 80 to possibly sell.

X,
No families, but the Cruisers that will be there are very accomidating and should have no problem sticking to the moderate trails. I'm sure you like the changes to B2 and I would like to take that one for Sunday.

SMORR allows you to drink in camp. They allow all night wheeling but lock off the camp ground around 11pm. Not a big deal. If you want to wheel later than that you leave your rig outside the campground fence but still in the park and walk to it to wheel at night.

I am trying to bring 3 truck up for Sunday, possibly Saturday night. Also plan on SMORR the next weekend. Will have to skip out on F/N
Thanks for the info. I'm glad to hear you may have others coming as well. I'll get in touch with Washita and see what deals I can work out.

X,

As one of the "lets do the harder stuff" instigators. I can say I dont have much intrest in the really difficult stuff, especially on the first day. I refuse to trailer and will be putting 1000 miles on the truck and another 600+ the following weekend. I really just want to see the parks and get a feel for them and just hang out. As for the other guys, I know Gumby's shake down will be this trip and he wont be going nuts. Clint is cool with whatever. I cant speak for Carl but noone follows Carl....his line choices are....well....interesting :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom