Windshield wiper wire routing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
71 FJ40. Overhead wiper motor. I built and ran a new harness for the wiper motor. When I reinstalled the motor at top of windshield frame on interior passenger side, I couldn't find any hole in the frame to run the harness through, and I can't remember how it looked two years ago when I removed it.

right now I have it running along the top of the frame to the drivers side where I dropped it into a hole and thru the inside of the left hand windshield frame where it goes down then drops thru the dash.

Should the harness just lay along the top of the frame? Doesn't seem right, but again, I can't find anywhere near the wiper motor to feed it into the frame.

wiper wire

My 1970 has the wire running on the outside of the frame to the drivers side being held in place with 9 clips. It goes into the frame at the bottom by vent window bottom. Be sure to use grommet!!!!!

Mine runs on the outside as well, but only 4-5 clips. I can take a picture if you need it, just let me know and I'll post something up. Cheers.

Mark

mine runs inside the windshield - comes out approximately in the middle on top where it hooks into the connector

As promised here are the pics. First shot is of the general lay of the wiring from the inner windshield up to the first wiper:

IMG_3095.JPG

Next are the close up shots, so you can see how the wiring is routed. Shots start from the bottom left and go up over the two wipers (1970 Model year wipers). Fyi, as far as i know, this is all stock wiring. I say this because the plugs look stock, and the wipers of course don't work. It's a project on my list to figure out why, I'm guessing motors are seized with old grease. The previous owner ran new wiring for the engine, etc, but left all the old wiring for things like hazard switch, turn signals etc.

IMG_3098.JPG

IMG_3099.JPG

First wiper connection point (drivers side):

IMG_3096.JPG

Main motor wiper connection (over the passenger side of the window)

IMG_3097.JPG

The plug that is coming out from the harness in the top left of the windshield, is for the inside light dome. I don't have one so that's why it sits unplugged.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom