Windshield Wiper Part # Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have new windshield wipers for my 80 (thanks, CDan!) but I'm not sure which one goes on which side--can someone help me out?

85222-1G080

and

85212-16120

Which is Driver's side and which is Passenger's side?

Thanks!

*insert crickets*

Anyone?

Right side=passenger side.

Thanks!

:beer::beer:

Also, if you look at the differences in the wipers, the one that is more curved is the passenger side.

Thanks again.

I'm replacing aftermarket wipers so I couldn't use the old ones as a reference.

If you look on the top flat of the blade, next to where it attaches to the arm, you will see either a "D" or a "P".

You're absolutely right. :doh:

There is no way they are paying you enough. Thanks, Dan!

Also, if you look at the differences in the wipers, the one that is more curved is the passenger side.

wow, the po put on aftermarket wipers and blades. I have allways heard the oem blades are best. Am I to believe that oem blades not only have "better rubber blades" but the metal parts are also precurved for a "custom" fit?

Actually, I put on the after market blades when I bought it last year. It needed new blades and we were getting ready to leave Estes Park to drive back to PA. The auto parts store got a visit, considering the short notice. Please don't hate me. :hillbilly:

Now that they're toast, I'm back to OEM!:clap:

.. . . . and they're working great in the sleet/freezing rain/rain/crap we're getting today.

wow, the po put on aftermarket wipers and blades. I have allways heard the oem blades are best. Am I to believe that oem blades not only have "better rubber blades" but the metal parts are also precurved for a "custom" fit?

I have found that if you do not use the OEM Toyota blade assembly, there is a big spot missed on the passenger side.

Hi guys,

Is there any changes in the OEM part numbers provided above? I get a voucher from last alignment job that I'd like to use at my local dealer. However, I was handed a pair of identical parts for both sides of my truck, which I walked away as my original ones are surely different.

TIA,
Frank.

There is a domestic-sourced replacement blade that is L/R generic. The original Japanese blades are still available.

You rule, Dan!

Now onto making a shopping list...

Hmm mine are also the same on both sides. I'll have to order a set from dan next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom