windshield wiper motor, horn (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to replace the windshield wiper motor for a 1983 f60. I live in Valencia, Venezuela, and they want $320 for one here. ouch! Can anyone recommend a good parts store in the US that might fedex parts my way. I want to see if that would be cheaper.
do they sell rebuilds of wiper motors, or am I better off with a new one? should I stick with toyota wiper motor, or are there cheaper satisfactory alternatives? in the short term, can I exchange the rear wiper motor for the front wiper motor, or is that asking for trouble?
the horn on this f60 barely works, too, and a horn is a very important piece of equipment in vz. I havent gotten estimates on what it might cost to replace here, but if anyone has an idea of what new horn would cost in US, Id appreciate it.
Sorry for all the questions, but any help would be greatly appreciated.
respectfully
redsox1918

I installed the Hella horns and they are LOUD. I was hoping for something with a deeper tone but did I mention they are LOUD?

As for the wiper motor, I am pretty sure you could go to a generic auto parts store and swap in any wiper motor that had a 12V lead and the correct rotation. YOu might ahve to fab a bracket or something but if you save 250$ and only pay 50 then it might be worth it.

thanks, will do. also, my engine appears to be running a little hot. the temperature guage says its fine, unless we run the AC while idling, like my wife did the other night, grrrr!, but when I open the hood, it seems to be kicking out a lot of heat. is this normal for a 22 year old truck with 190k miles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom