Windshield wiper motor ground? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1976 fj40 2f So took a couple days off looking for my vacuum ghost....so today windshield Wipers My wiper motor works good until I mount it to the frame.then only one slow speed and switch has no affect.is the wiper motor supposed to be grounded at its mount?any ideas 😬 cause I’m fresh out lol.

IIRC @Coolerman says that both the wiper motor and the wiper switch need to be grounded.

He has recommended that you run a temporary ground from the negative battery terminal to the frame of the wiper motor to confirm a good ground, since you cannot be certain the windshield frame is grounded.

Also, if you've done "too good" of a job painting the back of the dashboard, you may need a ground to the switch as well.

Technically the wiper switch connector has a ground wire for THE WIPER MOTOR SPEED WINDINGS, but this ground wire does NOT provide the ground for the wiper motor PARK function. Therefore, the wiper motor frame DOES need a good ground to the windshield. The washer motor gets its ground through the wiper switch frame which therefore must have a good ground to the dash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom