Windshield wiper blade replacements (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need some suggestions for good winter windshield wiper blade replacements. Is it me, or are the ww on these trucks wimpy and unlike the rest of the machine?

Mine work well. I always use Bosch wiper blades on all my cars.

I tried Bosch and wasn't all that impressed. There is a Toyota option that is about the same price with a discount. Trying that now and liking it better so far. I think OEM has blade inserts but this is replacement blades like at the auto parts store.

I have bosch on mine and they work well, i believe they are "bosch icon". Wiper blades are really only good for about a year or so before they start degrading in performance.

I agree the wipers aren't as powerful as some other vehicles but they are still pretty good. If only the same thing could be said about the rear defroster....

I use Bosch also, no complaints

Will look for Bosh Icon. Would like to try a couple of inches longer blades than the stock ones.... will try and see.

Speaking of wiper blades. I have a 91 FJ80 and for some reason I cannot find a wiper brand that works. It has a 2 screw system that I haven't been able to find. I tried Michelin but their adapter didn'the fit their own blade. Any suggestions? I would prefer not to have to wait for an adapter to come in the mail.

Speaking of wiper blades. I have a 91 FJ80 and for some reason I cannot find a wiper brand that works. It has a 2 screw system that I haven't been able to find. I tried Michelin but their adapter didn'the fit their own blade. Any suggestions? I would prefer not to have to wait for an adapter to come in the mail.

Have you tried inserts from the dealer?

I will make you a hell of a deal on some everyday arms. I think you have an aftermarket version there.

I'm going to throw this out. Hows come my 2.5 year old GMC truck still has the original blades on it and I have to buy Autozone blades every 3-4 months on my Accord. I know the answer but goldarn! And the GMC lives outside 365!!!

I'm going to throw this out. Hows come my 2.5 year old GMC truck still has the original blades on it and I have to buy Autozone blades every 3-4 months on my Accord. I know the answer but goldarn! And the GMC lives outside 365!!!
because you're probably buying $7 trico or anco blades and you get what you pay for

because you're probably buying $7 trico or anco blades and you get what you pay for
Ive bought the 9$ ones with similar results. I do have a new set for the Gimmy and I think they were $35.00.

I upgraded to Toyota's new Sightline also with Toyota refills available.
Is it a traditional wiper install? I like the traditional because its always easy to buy one somewhere. My blades always go bad when I'm on a trip. I'll try it though.

Is it a traditional wiper install? I like the traditional because its always easy to buy one somewhere. My blades always go bad when I'm on a trip. I'll try it though.

Yes normal install. A local AZ guy parks outside and claims his Slightline have lasted over a year. Rare for any wiper to last a year in AZ with the heat. Refill rubber is available from the dealer at a low cost.

Toyota Sightline U hook style for direct fit on a 80 series part#85212-YZZ82-TM

Last edited:
On it. Thanks.

Yes normal install. A local AZ guy parks outside and claims his Slightline have lasted over a year. Rare for any wiper to last a year in AZ with the heat. Refill rubber is available from the dealer at a low cost.

Toyota Sightline U hook style for direct fit on a 80 series part#85212-YZZ82-TM

I have to replace them every year. I usually wait until the monsoon to starts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom