Windshield Weatherstrip??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm finding that the weatherstripping for the front windshield has been discontinued for the 1966 FJ45 short bed. The OEM part I have ( 56121-60011 ) is long by 4-5 inches. There is the option of cutting it but would rather have a single bead. Anybody know any different?

It is a smaller windshield and if I remember right it has the vent in the bottom of the WS frame, you might try SOR but you may be stuck with cutting it or trying to see what bulk stock is available at a glass shop and you will only have one seam.. you have a one piece moulded unit with the corners molded right?

Thanks Kief. I've come to the same conclusion. I do have the long vent underneath with the shorter glass and I'll have the glass shop cut this weatherstripping down to fit. Talked to C Dan yesterday as well with the same results. Here's a shot of how much larger it is.
windrubber.jpg

I cut like an 1" out of mine. Glued it back together and once it was in put some more on the seam. You can't tell unless you look really, really, close.

So there are two windshield sizes.... one more detail to file away in memory.:rolleyes:

Actually 3 sizes, earliest, early and the later early.. older than 65/66 (vent below windshield on windshield frame but maybe not always), 66 'ish to 74 with no vent and then 75 to 83 with the wipers on the bottom. Just for fun I priced the later 75+ windshield at the dealer for less than $150 but the 74 and earlier was around $400 but still available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom