Windshield washers not spraying (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

StaticTorque

SILVER Star
Threads
On my 80 i have found that the front and rear both do not spray cleaner. It is full, just getting that out the way now lol. When pressing the button i do not hear the pump come on at all. I then unplugged it from the pump and tested to see if the plug had power, and it did have power when the button was pressed. I think it weird that the back one doesn't spray either. Do they all run off the same pump? What could the problem be?

E686893A-421B-495E-A22C-B8258F9C5F9B.jpeg

They both run from the same pump. There is a dirverter on the drivers side that redirects the fluid to the front or back, and usually rusts out. Mine didn’t work either but for me it was the dirverter. If so, partsouq.com was the cheapest place for me.

Yes that is the only pump. There is a diverter valve located on the drivers side inner fender near the brake booster that redirects fluid to either the front or back. Just look for the three small rubber hoses attached to it.

Yes that is the only pump. There is a diverter valve located on the drivers side inner fender near the brake booster that redirects fluid to either the front or back. Just look for the three small rubber hoses attached to it.
They both run from the same pump. There is a dirverter on the drivers side that redirects the fluid to the front or back, and usually rusts out. Mine didn’t work either but for me it was the dirverter. If so, partsouq.com was the cheapest place for me.
Okay, i will check that first in the morning. Wouldn't i feel and/or hear the pump turn on when the button is pressed? Also love partsouq

I would think you can hear the pump. I don’t listen. I just look for water. My (new to me) 97 was so bad, nothing came out of either sprayer.

I would think you can hear the pump. I don’t listen. I just look for water. My (new to me) 97 was so bad, nothing came out of either sprayer.
Well i mean when youre trying to figure it out. Obviously you cant when the truck is running. By some chance do you have a pic of this? If not im going to try and find it on partsouq to get an idea what it looks like.

Perfect! Thank you! That helps a lot! I was wondering what that was when i chased the tubes over to the driver side. So im assuming my 1st thing i should do is replace the pump? then if i still dont get fluid to the rear, then it could be that dirverter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom