Windshield Washer Reservoir (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Millardo

'72 FJ40
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Has anyone used this Washer Bottle Reservoir Kit from Cool Cruisers, on a '72 FJ40?
Does it fit in the space? It looks to big, and says '77 and older.

washer bottle.jpg

Here are a couple random photos of my on going project.

IMG_1143 copy.JPG

IMG_1024 copy.jpg

Brian,
Oh right, I see this one now. So the question changes...
Does anyone have experience with one fitting better than the other. Both are clearly different in design.

Just saw your photo! You had to modify the bracket correct? Looks great, Thank-you.

CruiserCorp.jpg

nope.
i bought the kit and an oem bracket from sor, as i didn't have one(and couldn't buy one in the classifieds here). bolted the bracket on, and slid the new bottle on. plugged the oem female plug into the male prongs on the pump. filled it up and enjoyed a squirt.

I tried repairing my little OEM pump since it leaked badly. My repair ended up being too thick and bound up the little propellor inside the pump. So I ordered the one above that fits in the stock location and put the old tank and pump in the "original don't throw away" box... Thanks for posting that solution!

Brian & Millardo. Thanks for the info.
I still need a washer system and even have that Toyota bracket in a box somewhere.
Millardo, your rig looks great. I'm still trying to catch up.. been working on the doors & roof over the winter.
Early 1972 twins, separated at birth.
twofjs.jpg
twofjs.jpg

I did a lot of searching on the Internet. I found the original tank and pump for my 71 FJ40. I forget where I got it now, but found a guy with a junk yard. I'd also call Mike at cruiser Corps. He's has helped me out with several used OEM parts.

That is one nice rig! Yes our bottle should fit right on the existing bracket.I appreciate you guys.If you have any questions my personal number is 405-863-3393.Sometimes texting is better for me than a meassage if you don't get ahold of me.
Take Care Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom