Windshield Washer Bottle- (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

gwalt584

SILVER Star
Threads
My FJ40 is missing the windshield washer bottle. I see replacments on EBAY but I am curious if they will fit the original bracket. here is a picture of the bracket. Anybody got any suggestions as to where to find one?
Gary

2ef2gyu.jpg

Thanks

Thanks, I just posted that parts wanted in the classified. maybe someone has one.
I put this in the tech section to see if anyone had used or found an aftermarket bottle that would fit. I understand that the Toyota bottles are no longer available.
Gary

We carry these and they are one of our top sellers. They won't fit the OEM brackets but they do come with their own mounting hardware. The OEM washer bottles have been discontinued and very few used ones work well or at all and most of the time they are replaced with reproduction kits. The ones you saw on eBay our probably ours also. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cruiser Corps Windshield Washer Kit

We carry these and they are one of our top sellers. They won't fit the OEM brackets but they do come with their own mounting hardware. The OEM washer bottles have been discontinued and very few used ones work well or at all and most of the time they are replaced with reproduction kits. The ones you saw on eBay our probably ours also. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cruiser Corps Windshield Washer Kit

Cruiser Corps washer bottle fits perfect on the stock bracket. I'm guessing others will to.

20141218_204044.jpg
20141218_204241.jpg
20141218_204253.jpg
20141218_204304.jpg

Test fitting a few years back some of them opening was quite wide enough to slide on grinding down the bracket is all that is required. You find a OEM at some point these brackets are easier to find than a good washer bottle.

I just posted one in the for sale section a couple of days ago.

I think I got one of the last OEM washer bottles available a couple of years ago. Paid $165 for it without the pump motor. Seemed high at the time, but it sure looks clean and nice. Found a pump that attached in the original way at Advance Auto for $13.

I almost pulled the trigger on mark's OEM because it is so damn nice. I forgot i had this bottle lying around. I never tried it because i thought it wouldn't work.

The 1978 and up bottles are still available from toyota iirc

the early model fender brackets do not work with Specter's or CC's washer bottles - I ziptied my bottle to the bracket and that has held up well for years

My FJ40 is missing the windshield washer bottle. I see replacments on EBAY but I am curious if they will fit the original bracket. here is a picture of the bracket. Anybody got any suggestions as to where to find one?
Gary

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but the only fender mounted washer bottle I've seen is this one. I thought this bottle is only for the non-US models. Which years of U.S. 40's have fender mounted washer bottles?

What year is your Cruiser? I installed an OEM unit in my truck, and I love it.
Since I'm in the "Unobtainium" business, I will be carrying these in about a month or so.

View attachment 1006854

I have a '77 with separate coolant overflow (passenger's side by the radiator) and windshield washer (driver's side by the brake booster) reservoirs. My washer reservoir is broken and my coolant overflow bracket is rusted. Can I convert to this setup? Are the mounting holes for the brackets the same on the passenger fender?

Washer.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom