Windshield replacement shop recommendations Tacoma, WA area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tip

Threads
Well after procrastinating like an idiot all summer, I really need to get my windshield done.

Can anyone recommend a glass place in/around the Tacoma, WA area? Preferably one that will just do the glass. I'll remove all the trim before hand and reassemble it myself after the glass is replaced. I have the new Toyota rivets, molding, etc and would prefer to do it myself even if it voids their warranty.

I know most recommmend Car-Tech in Edmonds, but they refuse to let me install the trim myself after they're done with the windshield. They are also 1.5-2 hrs of bad traffic away from me. But I might just go with them since they're pretty well-regarded in the LC community.

Any info is appreciated!

Well after procrastinating like an idiot all summer, I really need to get my windshield done.

Can anyone recommend a glass place in/around the Tacoma, WA area? Preferably one that will just do the glass. I'll remove all the trim before hand and reassemble it myself after the glass is replaced. I have the new Toyota rivets, molding, etc and would prefer to do it myself even if it voids their warranty.

I know most recommmend Car-Tech in Edmonds, but they refuse to let me install the trim myself after they're done with the windshield. They are also 1.5-2 hrs of bad traffic away from me. But I might just go with them since they're pretty well-regarded in the LC community.

Any info is appreciated!
Don’t mean to hijack your thread, but I noticed your from Tacoma and was wondering if there are any good LC and or off road shops in the area? I’m looking to get a dissent bumper installed soon. Thanks in advance!

I'm actually taking mine to Car-Tech this Tuesday before 5 and they want keep it until Friday! Damn long time to do a windshield and it ain't cheap but they do quality work.

Reactions: tip
Don’t mean to hijack your thread, but I noticed your from Tacoma and was wondering if there are any good LC and or off road shops in the area? I’m looking to get a dissent bumper installed soon. Thanks in advance!

Sorry, I'm not familiar with any of the local shops

I'm actually taking mine to Car-Tech this Tuesday before 5 and they want keep it until Friday! Damn long time to do a windshield and it ain't cheap but they do quality work.

3 freaking days!?? They must be slammed

Any info is appreciated!
I'm not in Tacoma but in Boise. I simply called a few high-end car dealers local to me and asked who they call for windshield installation. They all mentioned the same guy. As luck would have it, he lives about a mile from me. He's done two windshields in wife's LX and one in my LC. No issues over the years.

Reactions: tip
I have an good independent in Beaverton, though it would be a drive for you. My recommendation would be to avoid the big glass places that are all about the numbers and find a quality independent. The small guy has something to lose if done incorrectly. The big guys just play the numbers and hire new techs constantly. You may or may not get a good job from them.

This is my guy.

I simply called a few high-end car dealers local to me and asked who they call for windshield installation.

Genius!

I have an good independent in Beaverton, though it would be a drive for you. My recommendation would be to avoid the big glass places that are all about the numbers and find a quality independent. The small guy has something to lose if done incorrectly. The big guys just play the numbers and hire new techs constantly. You may or may not get a good job from them.

This is my guy.

Beaverton is a drive but it could be worth it, especially as an excuse for a small getaway. Your point regarding the small guy vs chain has a lot of truth to it and I'll be keeping that in mind.

I'll throw out a recommendation for Glass Works of South Sound located on South Hill Puyallup. Not a windshield, but they replaced my rear glass molding and I thought they did great. It's a small, clean shop with great customer service. It is where I will go if I ever need a windshield. I dealt with an older gentleman named Bruce and he said they have a rivet gun for the Toyota trim. The place has good reviews and is worth checking out.

Brandon

20221107_124228.jpg

I'll throw out a recommendation for Glass Works of South Sound located on South Hill Puyallup. Not a windshield, but they replaced my rear glass molding and I thought they did great. It's a small, clean shop with great customer service. It is where I will go if I ever need a windshield. I dealt with an older gentleman named Bruce and he said they have a rivet gun for the Toyota trim. The place has good reviews and is worth checking out.

Brandon

View attachment 3162056
Wow. Good to know! I live in Graham and was thinking about driving up to Edmonds, but if these guys know how to do the Toyota windshields (properly with the rivets) then I might have to check them out!

Wow. Good to know! I live in Graham and was thinking about driving up to Edmonds, but if these guys know how to do the Toyota windshields (properly with the rivets) then I might have to check them out!
Be sure your shop uses the Toyota nylon coated rivets,

I'll throw out a recommendation for Glass Works of South Sound located on South Hill Puyallup. I dealt with an older gentleman named Bruce and he said they have a rivet gun for the Toyota trim. The place has good reviews and is worth checking out.

Thank you for the recommendation!

Just made an appointment with Bruce for Jan 6th. He was friendly on the phone, even while I annoyed him with questions. He also didn't seem to mind me wanting to do the trim work myself, he said it was a 'fun surprise' 😂

Fingers crossed. I'm nervous there is excessive rust under there.

Thank you for the recommendation!

Just made an appointment with Bruce for Jan 6th. He was friendly on the phone, even while I annoyed him with questions. He also didn't seem to mind me wanting to do the trim work myself, he said it was a 'fun surprise' 😂

Fingers crossed. I'm nervous there is excessive rust under there.

That's good to hear. When I first spoke to Bruce he said they were booked 5 or 6 weeks out, but luckily I was able to sneak in an appointment a little sooner than that. A smaller shop with steady work is a good thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom