Windshield replacement in SoCal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just a quick note here. Had the windshield replaced on my 84 FJ60 this past weekend ( Feb 9 2019). Went to Alfredo's Auto Glass in Corona. Got the recommendation from the fj100 boards. Great experience here. Took out the older aftermarket glass I had and found a coupe minor issues. Three rust spots, not too bad. Spent the time to grind them down, etch and prime them all. Also was able to remove the old chrome strip and reuse on the new gasket. Process took about three hours but well worth it to know it was done right. Highly recommend to any one in the area looking for a Glass shop.

Thanks for the recommendation. This is on my to-do list since my LC is the victim of a poorly fitting aftermarket windshield seal. Do you know if they used OEM or aftermarket seals and glass? I haven't started my research yet so not sure if these are even avail any more?

Thanks for the recommendation. This is on my to-do list since my LC is the victim of a poorly fitting aftermarket windshield seal. Do you know if they used OEM or aftermarket seals and glass? I haven't started my research yet so not sure if these are even avail any more?
Finding any OEM glass would be pretty hard at this stage in the game I think ( assumption on my part) . I have heard of others getting glass from Japan, waiting two months and paying a premium, over $1,000 listed on one post (10/2013) . Toyota glass is out there but very expensive from what I understand. My Glass and gasket are aftermarket, on my 84 there is a chrome strip imbedded in the gasket. Alfredo was able to carefully remove this strip and place it into the new gasket. Took his time to do it right, fixed the mistakes of the previous install, and addressed the rust issues below the gasket.

Give him a call and at least get a quote, so you know what you are up against.

Sorry here is his info,

Alfredo's Auto Glass
12847 Temescal Canyon Rd Unit D, Corona, CA 92883
951-847-6846

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom