Windshield Repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have a place that replaces older model LC windshields? I called LCS and they don't but they sent me to a place out in Cedar Park (Low Price Auto or something). I called them and they said they don't work on older model LCs and are not sure why LCS keeps referring people to them.

So, I have a crack running the width of my windshield and need it replaced. I'm in San Marcos so can go to Austin, San Antonio, or anywhere in between.

Call Noah at calibrated glass. 512-992-5170

I spent quite a while digging to find someone I could trust to put a windshield in my 200, and these guys were recommended by Berli’s and good guys detailing, both are highly respected shops.

I’m not sure whether he’ll do older stuff but the guy is extremely competent and experienced. Worth calling to ask.

Call Noah at calibrated glass. 512-992-5170

I spent quite a while digging to find someone I could trust to put a windshield in my 200, and these guys were recommended by Berli’s and good guys detailing, both are highly respected shops.

I’m not sure whether he’ll do older stuff but the guy is extremely competent and experienced. Worth calling to ask.
Thanks. I'll give him a call today.

You can buy it from Cruisercorps and install it yourself. Not a difficult job for two persons. Get a new windshield gasket while you're at it.

Free shipping: Windshield Glass FJ40, FJ45, BJ 1975-1984 - https://cruisercorps.com/products/40-series-windshield-glass

I'm trying to remember the place in San Marcos that cut one for me. It was the same guys that Daniel Udoye used when Wimberley 4X4 was still around.
That link doesn't have anything for my 100 series.

Let me know if you figure out the place/person in San Marcos.

We used Safelite on my wife's 2010 RX350. Quick work and no leaks.

We used Safelite on my wife's 2010 RX350. Quick work and no leaks.
Yeah I know I can go with them. But reading the 100 series board there are special rivets with our windshield and it has been hit or miss (mostly miss) with Safelite replacing it correctly which leads to leaking or issues down the road.

I'd rather do it with someone who can replace it as close to OEM as possible.

Safelite is 0&3 for installs for me over the years.. and two of those were the same vehicle, one of which was driven to their shop. There is no way they will be touching any of my cars in the future.

Also the 100-series rivets were a specific thing that sold me on Calibrated. I figured they didn’t do a whole lot of landcruisers, but he was familiar with the rivets on 100 and not being needed on 200. Knew the year split even. Turns out they do all the glass for Lexus of Austin.

Edit: I also assumed a 40 earlier when I said older. I know they do 100s and have an installer in south Austin.

Also the 100-series rivets were a specific thing that sold me on Calibrated. I figured they didn’t do a whole lot of landcruisers, but he was familiar with the rivets on 100 and not being needed on 200. Knew the year split even. Turns out they do all the glass for Lexus of Austin.

Edit: I also assumed a 40 earlier when I said older. I know they do 100s and have an installer in south Austin.
I replaced my windshield on my 100. Not sure if I'd do it again myself. Had to buy new molding as the PO had a crappy windshield replacement done and they decided to use screws instead of rivets. So if you find a place that does it right, use them. The rivets with the molding is tricky, requires a real think rivet gun to get underneath the molding without damaging the molding. PIA

Thanks All. I spoke with Noah at Calibrated at length yesterday. He knows all about the rivets, tools, etc to use and he even spent time price checking OEM and aftermarket glass/parts in case insurance didn't cover OEM on a old vehicle.We got my insurance approval for OEM everything to get it replaced and will have it take care of soon.

I appreciate the recommendation!

Thanks All. I spoke with Noah at Calibrated at length yesterday. He knows all about the rivets, tools, etc to use and he even spent time price checking OEM and aftermarket glass/parts in case insurance didn't cover OEM on a old vehicle.We got my insurance approval for OEM everything to get it replaced and will have it take care of soon.

Good to hear!

Any idea what the price quote on OEM was? Or non-OEM? I need to do my LX470 soon and won't be using insurance.

Any idea what the price quote on OEM was? Or non-OEM? I need to do my LX470 soon and won't be using insurance.
Here is what he sent me. I have a 2000 land cruiser so the part numbers may be different.

067B8E2B-97C4-4214-ADBC-D77D1ACBA437.jpeg

Only a placeholder site as of this post. I get the impression he’s letting his work and word of mouth do the marketing.

www.calibratedglass.com

I pulled my door sill trim and no leaks after the rain a couple weeks ago. Still very happy.

Another recommendation for Noah/Calibrated Glass. Got the windshield replaced on the GX460 today. Called Noah mid last week, gave him the insurance information, they installed OEM glass today for just the cost of my deductible. They took care of everything and I am super happy with their service. He also mentioned last week that they do all the windshield replacements for Lexus of Austin so that’s more peace of mind for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom