Windshield question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in need of a new windshield for my 71 and wanted to know the best route to get one. Has anyone had any luck with windshield replacement shops? Also what is a good source for weatherstripping for it as well? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

Hey Brain. I work for a glass repair shop and up until about a month ago could get this glass for about 100 bucks. That has unfortunately changed. I would call around for sure but most shops have at least three suppliers. I was able to find one, last week from a company known as Pilkington, but at a cost of about 180. Also the weatherstripping can be found at SOR.com or Slocruiser.com. I would push you towards slocruisers first as he is a fellow mudder and very helpful guy. Hope that helps.

Carmon

FunFact: I grew up in Luther, just about 20 miles east of Edmond.

Thanks for the info, Was that your cost or the retail price?

Opps, yeah that is cost. You can expect retail to be anywhere between 30-40 percent higher. yeah I know glass companies really put it to their customers... Call around though you may be able to find someone that still has a few of the 60 dollar lot.

For your windshield weatherstripping(and other parts for that matter), fjparts.com is another good option - great guy(s) to deal with;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom