Windshield options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jvincig01

SILVER Star
Threads
I am redoing all the weatherstripping around my windows. The front windshield has a ton of deep scratches and just beat up from over the years. There are no cracks, though. Is it overkill to replace with new glass while I am redoing the weatherstripping? I am going to be in LA next week and I see SOR has new aftermarket glass already cut and available for purchase.

I forgot to mention all my glass has "ASAHI Temperlite" stamped/etched on it, but the windshield does not. Maybe the PO replaced the glass years ago?

Last edited:
I am redoing all the weatherstripping around my windows. The front windshield has a ton of deep scratches and just beat up from over the years. There are no cracks, though. Is it overkill to replace with new glass while I am redoing the weatherstripping? I am going to be in LA next week and I see SOR has new aftermarket glass already cut and available for purchase.

I forgot to mention all my glass has "ASAHI Temperlite" stamped/etched on it, but the windshield does not. Maybe the PO replaced the glass years ago?
100% replace. If you're in the area the SOR route is good, but any good glass shop can cut you new glass using your old one as a template.

I have a paper template I can let you borrow. Any glass shop can cut one out.
Dyno

Found a windshield guy. He asked me if I want a green or clear glass. Anyone know what oem was? Any recommendations?

Toyota has a windshield which was in fact green tinted throught ... Toyota calls it ‘Tinted'

Then also there is a windshield that was tinted on top only Toyota refers to it as 'shaded'

Cant recall part numbers ... posted then up here before ... May have even posted pics with them

Usually clear... clear is clearly better :)
Enjoy

Toyota has a windshield which was in fact green tinted throught ... Toyota calls it ‘Tinted'

Then also there is a windshield that was tinted on top only Toyota refers to it as 'shaded'

Cant recall part numbers ... posted then up here before ... May have even posted pics with them

Usually clear... clear is clearly better :)
Enjoy

Wondering where you've been. Possibly a walk-a-bout? Hope everything is well with you and your family.

56111-90303 tinted 1974-on
56111-90800 shaded 1981-on

Year dependent op never mentioned his year

Windshield frames change the sizes also changed

@OGBeno may be able to run these and see more info

Wondering where you've been. Possibly a walk-a-bout? Hope everything is well with you and your family.

Had the Covid bad ... didn’t kill me

Had a prostate thing... didn’t kill me

Had a cancer scare ... didn’t kill me

Have two kids entering college same time ... didn’t kill me yet :meh:

Last edited:
56111-90303 tinted 1974-on
56111-90800 shaded 1981-on

Year dependent op never mentioned his year

Windshield frames change the sizes also changed

@OGBeno may be able to run these and see more info

Had the Covid bad ... didn’t kill me

Had a prostate thing... didn’t kill me

Had a cancer scare ... didn’t kill me

Have two kids entering college same time ... didn’t kill me yet :meh:

I have a '67 :)

Glad to see you're doing well. I just dropped one off at college and another is on the way in 2 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom