Windshield installers in Orlando area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ramangain

Clarksonian disciple
Threads
Hi Folks,

I'm in search of a proven windshield replacement shop in the Orlando, FL, area. My windshield is actually OK. It was replaced 3 years ago and I have no water leakage. However, I have a nasty air leak around the VIN plate (temporarily solved by shoving some napkins down in the area) and a mysterious, unpinpointable air leak on the passenger side. The replacement was also installed without rivets.

I just need the windshield reset, resealed, and the air leaks gone.

Thanks in advance for the tips. I'm willing to travel to the Tampa area too for the job to get done correctly.

I'm curious how you could have air leaks but not water? My gut feeling is that you might have water intrusion and not know.

It is dry as a bone and I have no electrical issues. Also, the napkins stuffed in the VIN tag area are still bone dry to this day.

Tangentally, just had wife's Highlander windshield replaced with mobile service, asked guy about LC windshield, if he knows about the rivets, see if he's knowledgeable maybe keep his name for the future.

"oh yeah, we just replace with self-tappers"

nope

Hi Folks,

I'm in search of a proven windshield replacement shop in the Orlando, FL, area. My windshield is actually OK. It was replaced 3 years ago and I have no water leakage. However, I have a nasty air leak around the VIN plate (temporarily solved by shoving some napkins down in the area) and a mysterious, unpinpointable air leak on the passenger side. The replacement was also installed without rivets.

I just need the windshield reset, resealed, and the air leaks gone.

Thanks in advance for the tips. I'm willing to travel to the Tampa area too for the job to get done correctly.

Sanders Auto Glass is the best in Orlando.
Thrown everything at them from Tesla’s, to Porsche’s and all sorts of commercial rigs. He has never stumbled on any of it. It’s worth a call on the Landcruiser.

Tangentally, just had wife's Highlander windshield replaced with mobile service, asked guy about LC windshield, if he knows about the rivets, see if he's knowledgeable maybe keep his name for the future.

"oh yeah, we just replace with self-tappers"

nope

After living through my recent glass nightmare (~$2500 in additional damage and a couple weeks time in the shop; mostly covered by insurance, thankfully), I am inclined to tell any glass guy that wants to use screws that I will turn that self tapping screw right around into your tires if you put that on my car.

I'm kidding... sort of.

Replace your windshield carefully and be warned that "close enough" doesn't really exist on this job. Using a generic shop is like Russian roulette.

1596227500129.png

See the three holes bunched together? That's from 2 previous installers desperate to use screws.
1596227565523.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom