Windshield/Door/Hood hinge pin and door pin refurbish (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SMG

Threads
It was time to install my windshield, but I couldn’t find a source that made nice looking hinge pins to replace my old crusty corroded ones.

I decided to machine my own with bronze bushings.

These are made from 303 Stainless steel and look much nicer than the old ones. These make for a nice tight fit and should last a lot longer than the stock ones.

These will be for sale in the classified section under small business.

Stainless Steel Windshield Hinge Pins With Bronze Bushings

A7364927-77DD-47FB-9ECD-64FE30FB1440.jpeg

A5C7A0C3-3D44-483F-B32C-360780A8823B.jpeg

025B7624-5DCC-4209-A467-6CEBA6DCBAD5.jpeg
B0E86105-7540-45A6-A837-82EA1D7E407D.jpeg

0D0A5D22-D667-4D2D-BC98-96BE0B1EA84E.jpeg

More.....

Last edited:
That is also very marketable as a quick-release mount, something my buddy @HENDOG should consider:steer: :flop::censor:

If you want consider marketing these ‘complete’ I’ve got stacks of used hinges you can install these in.:idea:

VERY Impressive !

Any ideas or plans for the problematic FJ55 door hinge's & Pins / bushings issues , especially the front doors ?

DSCN3066.JPG

very nice! beats the rust prone things I currently have. Kudos to you for building them & making them available to all. Pig door bushings and pins would be sweet too!

best, ty
:beer:

Reactions: SMG
Nice work! I sell Quik Hinges for the 40 series front doors already. I only did it because I got tired of rusty door hinge pins that wouldn’t pound out and would scratch the windshield paint. I have had them on my truck for a minute, but let mine go to a customer when I couldn’t make more in time.

They’re readily available now. I’d love to see your parts installed on a truck.

Reactions: SMG
Nice work! I sell Quik Hinges for the 40 series front doors already. I only did it because I got tired of rusty door hinge pins that wouldn’t pound out and would scratch the windshield paint. I have had them on my truck for a minute, but let mine go to a customer when I couldn’t make more in time.

They’re readily available now. I’d love to see your parts installed on a truck.
I purchased your Quik Hinges for my build but I’m nowhere near installing them yet. But this is a great solution for windshield hinges.

I haven’t taken the time to count what is needed to replace both doors, windshield, and ambulance doors bushings. Any idea?

8 for the doors.
4 for the windshield.
4 for the hood.

I still need need to check the fit on the ambulance doors.

Stay tuned....

Thanks

8 for the doors.
4 for the windshield.
4 for the hood.

I still need need to check the fit on the ambulance doors.

Stay tuned....

Thanks
Sweet! Once you know let me know and I’ll take a set for my rebuild.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom