Windshield hinge compatibility (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.about.me
Hi All,

Changing out my '68 windshield frame for something like an 80. Not sure the exact year but it is later model (big motor cover). It did not come with hinges.

The old '68 hinges line up on 3 out of the 4 holes in the windshield frame. That last lower front facing hole on both sides only partially aligns.

No amount of fussing with it is making it work.

Are they different measurements?

Do the new windshield frame hinges work on the '68 cowl?

Or can I buy a new set and then marry the old bottom part of the hinge with the new upper piece?

I know I'm not the first to update my windshield frame after a flop, but not finding anything in the search, so hopefully this will help someone in the future.

TIA

The hinges are different depending on year. Also the later hinges for the lower wiper motor are offset for clearance of that wiper motor.

Thanks to both of you, Jim and Jack. I will purchase new hinges that match the W/S year. Folding down the windshield is a certainty!

Do the '68 W/S hooks and hood rests work, or do I need to also update those items? (The originals are blown out and need to be replaced anyway.) Are they also year dependent?

I am not seeing that there is interference with the motor cover, however, the edge of the cover does not make it over to the hinge depression. There is about 1/3-1/2" gap to the old hinge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom