Windshield Glass - clear or green tint? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tinted, or clear? New clear glass installed at my local place it $175. Green tinted, installed, is $250. Any compelling reason to go with the green tint over the clear? Glare reduction as a safety benefit would probably be a reason.

My glass guy said they all came from the factory clear and years of UV caused the greenish tint. He might have been talking me into clear and it worked.

Ok so how do you get rid of the evening glare. Oh! drive only during the day light? How about dark tint? FJ40 is a specific look but safety is safety. Anyone else got a glare reducer idea?

1978 Bessy!

I have clear glass - not more glare at night than in any modern car with clear glass :meh:

Sounds like you need some vintage 80's flip up clip on yellow night driving shades on your glasses :)

The only glare I get is when I drive into the sunset and its blaring me in the face... I have a vintage Hollywood accessories flip down sun shade on my sun visor for that :)

image.jpg

Another retro idea for glare.... Ambervision!

:)

When I got my windshield cut, I went with tinted. It cuts the glare and keeps the inside a smidge cooler. Not original, but I'm no purist. Cheers, ty
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom