Wanted Windshield frame for 1967 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the uber rare 1 year only windshield frame,
3 bolt hooks
no vent
2 wiper motors

maybe Marks off road? @65swb45

the uber rare 1 year only windshield frame,
3 bolt hooks
no vent
2 wiper motors

maybe Marks off road? @65swb45

What was the difference between 66 and 67. Both had two wiper motors and no vent in the bottom section. Without the vent the section along the of the windshield got shorter and hook had three verus two screws.

Just bought one Wednesday. Should be available next week.😉
1664667715588.jpeg

You’re not the rollover/RHD guy are you?

What was the difference between 66 and 67. Both had two wiper motors and no vent in the bottom section. Without the vent the section along the of the windshield got shorter and hook had three verus two screws.

probably wrong on my part, I thought only the 67 had no vent.

change my line to the rare 2 year windshield frame

Toyota dropping everything pre 3/69 years ago makes researching these old parts harder. Thing I just seen a fir sale ad for a one year only 66 windshield but pretty sure 9/67 (68 model) when the padded started was the beginning of the single motor wiper. @JohnnyC probably has sales literature from back then showing both a 66 and 67 models. But seen Toyota use old pictures in the early sixties that were doctored to show new model changes. The early soft top with the small doors used again with the later doors shaped the same as the hard doors comes to mind.

also hard because of the titling of rigs back then with the brass tags versus the year they were made.

I've got a 1967 windshield frame that I bought for a split window project but then decided not to go through with it. The frame is from Oregon and very solid. If you look back in the sold listings to mid-November 2020 you will see better pictures of what I bought. It came with 2 windshield wiper motors that I presume are aftermarket. You can have it all for $225 plus shipping.

A3C20477-7568-4357-BCBE-E8B3EE7D5C8F.jpeg

0642E7DD-EE8D-45CB-8BE2-3AD98372666D.jpeg

9BEBCAE4-BF39-4B1D-B58F-9C9297E8386C.jpeg

67 is the only year W/S frame made to use the 3-bolt hook for the hold down latch. 66 was using the 2-bolt hook and 68 went to the screw type. My 66 FST (according to the VIN, has the 3-bolt W/S frame but it was titled as a 67 IIRC

I guess my 67 fj45 windshield frame is pretty hard to find! I still have it if someone needs it for there fj45. And the vent went away after 65…

I guess my 67 fj45 windshield frame is pretty hard to find! I still have it if someone needs it for there fj45. And the vent went away after 65…
In 37 years I’ve come across 2. And after I horsetraded for the first one, I spent weeks tracking down the wrecking yard it came out of. Turned out it was in San Luis Obispo. When I finally found the place and called, they’d crushed the rest of the 45.☹️

I eventually sold it to A doctor on the east coast who happily paid a grand for it.

its that rare.

I've got a 1967 windshield frame that I bought for a split window project but then decided not to go through with it. The frame is from Oregon and very solid. If you look back in the sold listings to mid-November 2020 you will see better pictures of what I bought. It came with 2 windshield wiper motors that I presume are aftermarket. You can have it all for $225 plus shipping.

View attachment 3140334

View attachment 3140335

View attachment 3140339
Is this still available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom