Windshield availability (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My windshield is ok there are a few blemishes but it says "Toyota" in the lower corner. I might try to clean it up a little. I really want new rubber so I can nix the chrome.... and not leak on to the floor.

My windshield is ok there are a few blemishes but it says "Toyota" in the lower corner. I might try to clean it up a little. I really want new rubber so I can nix the chrome.... and not leak on to the floor.
And here I am with a new windshield trying to find an installer that will reuse the original molding so I can keep the chrome trim. :) Wish there was a source for new molding that had the trip option.

And here I am with a new windshield trying to find an installer that will reuse the original molding so I can keep the chrome trim. :) Wish there was a source for new molding that had the trip option.
I'm pretty sure the 55 windshield weatherstrip is supposed to be glued both to the windshield and the windshield frame, just like an 80 series. If done that way it will be very difficult to remove intact but perhaps not impossible. I am determined to retain the chrome molding as well and have some crazy ideas using other weatherstrips but agree it would be great if someone would actually manufacture them. I spoke to SloCruisers about the possibility but he said it was prohibitively expensive when he looked into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom