Windrock chatter

Sangamo

All

I don't see any chit chat about Windrock on 10/21. Somebody has to be excited about this.

Steve

I would be excited about it, but next weekend while you guys are enjoying natures splendor in the great state of Tennessee I will be in my driveway, changing my headgasket.

peterb

Steve
Glad to see you've got Windrock on your calendar! I'm excited! I hope to have my PTO winch installed. There's not much chatter on our forum. Woody probably regrets giving us the bandwith. Either our guys are lurkers or spend all their time in the shop. I don't know.
When you getting up to Tn? How many folks are going to be in your posse?
Wee Pete

peterb

Josh
Why can't your wife change the headgasket this week so you'll be good to go this weekend? Everyone knows she's the one that does all the wrenching at your house and keeps her nails looking good while she's doing it.
Hope to see you this weekend. Looks like I'll need a warm, dry back seat to ride in while someone drives my rig.
Peter

Windrock trip info

Paul Freer (sp?) is going to go and he will tell you the details at your meeting on Thursday. I e-mailed Jennifer today, but hadn't gotten a response by the time I left work.

Some of us are going down of Friday morning and others are leaving Friday after work. Looks like it may be rainy, the forecast has changed, but we're not camping. Right now it looks like 3 40's from our club (with a Jeep friend), Paul, a couple of vehicles from Leaky Seals, and possibly Todd on Saturday.

Hope you can make it.

Thom

peterb said:
Josh
Why can't your wife change the headgasket this week so you'll be good to go this weekend? Everyone knows she's the one that does all the wrenching at your house and keeps her nails looking good while she's doing it.
Hope to see you this weekend. Looks like I'll need a warm, dry back seat to ride in while someone drives my rig.
Peter
My parts aren't even here yet. I was wanting to have the head off on Sunday and to the machine shop on Monday but it just didn't happen. I should have it back together for the meeting next weekend though. And yes, she does about 90% of the wrenching while I set back and watch:D

SO PAul never made it to the meeting. I still got to put my hub on. It's raining, and that sucks. I knew I should have done it last week.

ANyway whats the meeting place, at Windrock?, Where you staying Fri? sat? and everything else? Email me if you don't want to post. I'm still not sre if I will make it, but I am giving it a go. What trail you planning for Sat? jst in case i roll in a bit behind. Don't count on it. but ther is always hope.

paule@fuse.net

Kaderabek

Comfort Inn in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. Sounds like Bluegrass getting there early afternoon today (Friday), others trickling in later. Others not getting there at all. :crybaby:

TJK

I finaly got my truck fixed. 8PM friday. I guess I will check you out next time.

Yea I'm a fair weather 4 wheeler.

whos going to Toys for Tots in Attica? I am!

Sangamo

Windrock

Much thanks to the Bluegrass folks for pulling together our little ride at Windrock. Once again, we ended up on the trail after dark on Friday.

Carnage was limited to a tire carrier, a rear axle and a fan into a radiator. Not bad considering. Trail 39 is a nice challenge and can chew up most of an afternoon. Same for trail 16. Rain at windrock makes things considerably tougher. Would have been perfect without the million or so ATV riders (about 10% with helmets). Let's plan another trip for next year.

Steve

Sangamo

Planning

Kaderabek said:
Oh, I'm constantly "planning" trips! :princess:

TJK

Yea, it is like quitting smoking. The quitting is easy, it is the starting over that will kill ya!

peterb

The ATV problem was way overrated. It was like being at the ski slopes. All the congestion was at the base and on the easy trails. When we were on the harder trails we saw just a few. No problem. I would NOT have wanted to camp there. With the gospel blaring over the loudspeakers trying to drown out the sound of the drunken neck-bones, it was a nightmare. Glad to be staying in a hotel.
Thanks to everyone who didn't abandon me when my truck got stuck and helped me get it back.
Peter

Top Bottom